Epilogue: Part 1.

Three months later.

The clock is ticking in the background. I twiddle my thumbs, whilst tapping my foot. The blazer I was wearing felt tight, pulling against me with my every move.

"We're ready for you now." I get up, smoothing down my skirt.

"Hey... is it a good thing or a bad thing that the jury were done deliberating so quickly?" I ask my lawyer. He raises a brow and sighs. Not good.

Now, you're probably wondering 'Why am I in court?!' Well, since I only have a provisional license, and killed the villain instead of just capturing him. That kinda thing gets scrutinised.

I enter the courtroom, taking a deep breath. I sit at the defendant's table, taking a quick look behind me at the spectator's gallery. Aizawa is wearing a suit, and adjusts his tie before giving me a quick nod of reassurance. Katsuki looks similar to him, although he is trying to hide his nervousness.

"All rise." I stand as the judge takes her seat. We sit only when she does.

"This has been a long and arduous trial. But it seems that the jury have come to a decision after just an hour of deliberating. Could the head juror please stand?" A man with a bald spot and thick glasses stands. I'd heard from Aizawa that he was a father himself. Not good at all.

"On the charge of Second degree murder?" The judge asks. The room is silent.

"Not guilty." I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"On the charge of manslaughter?"

"Not guilty." My eyes dart around the room- they look relieved yet surprised.

"On the charge of aggravated assault?"

"Not guilty."

I thought I'd want to whoop in excitement, jump for joy and click my heels together or some shit. But I felt... Tired. Like I had been keeping in all this nervous energy, and it had now been released. I didn't even hear the judge give her closing words, until my lawyer ushered me out of the room.

"Congratulations." The lawyer shook my hand.

"It was a pleasure working with you, and I'm very happy with the outcome." I nod slowly, still taking it in.

"So?" I turn to Aizawa.

"How are you feeling?" He continues.

"I'm... not sure. I guess it's over now. I can't help but feel like I deserved some kind of punishment though." I look down at my shoes.

"I feel like having your license suspended for 6 months is punishment enough." He laughs lightly.

"What now?" I ask.

"We keep moving forward."