Chapter 11.

The roof was my favourite place for a cigarette. A beautiful view, spacious, and not a damn soul in sight. My morning break was spent here pretty much every day; it was perfect. A place to be alone with my thoughts. Until somebody figured out where I was spending my breaks.

But maybe that was a good thing.

'He didn't talk to you during homeroom today. He hates you.'

'He was sleeping...'

'He hates you and never wants to see you again.'

"Just be quiet please..." I whispered to myself, my black locks flowing with the wind. I took a long drag of my cigarette, the taste of tobacco lingering in my mouth.

"Who are you talking to?" A tired voice grumbled from behind. Aizawa leant against the wall, arms crossed. I breathed out the smoke I held in my lungs, a small cloud of smoke rising above me.

"No one. How'd you find me?" I flicked the ash from my cig.

"I saw you head up the stairwell. Are you aware you're not allowed up here?" He asked sternly.

"...Yup." I said matter-of-factly.

He simply sighed and slumped down next to me in response.

"Pretty view, huh Aizawa?" I watched on, the birds flying, businessmen making their commute.

"Hm. Depends who you are."

"I'm someone who likes a nice view, and solitude. Aren't you? Kinda sad if you can't appreciate something dope like this." He laughed quietly.

"Solitude? Do you want me to leave you alone?"

I paused.

"No."

"Ah. Is that so?" He smiled.

"Also, you can't be smoking here. Who do you think has to pick up your cigarette butts?" I pulled out my portable ashtray with a smiley face drawn on top with sharpie, and opened it up to show him.

"This guy. His name's Leonard. He doesn't mind, I promise." I said as if that was a normal thing for a person to say. Smirking, he responded,

"You're the most peculiar student I've ever had. Have I told you that?"

"I know now, Aizawa." I laughed back at him, surprised by his honesty. We sat quietly for a moment, before he said something unexpected.

"...Give me one, please." I snorted before pulling out a cigarette for him, handing him the lighter. A few clicks later, he turned to me.

"It's a dud." He continued to turn the flint whilst looking at me.

"Huh? You're just being dumb." I took the lighter from him, fully prepared for it to work when I used it. It did not.

"Told you."

I groaned.

"Come here then." I gestured for him to bring his face to mine. With his mouth, he moved the end of the cigarette to touch the lit one between my own lips. We continued to hold them together, our faces mere inches away, waiting for his to catch light. Briefly, we locked eyes before I quickly averted my own and blushed.

"Ai-Aizawa, it's lit." I stuttered.

"Oh." He pulled away quickly.

Small clouds surrounded us as we gazed on at the city, the cold wall under our legs as we sat.

"So... What's this about you expelling a student for calling you 'Aizawa'? Why didn't you expel me, huh? You barely knew me when I said it, it was the first day after all... Was I already your favourite student, Eraser?!" I grinned at him, teasing him to no end.