Part 2: Chapter 15.

TW: Discussions of self-harm.

!!!!PLEASE READ THE A/N WHEN DONE READING!!!!

I am... a difficult person.

Because I need to recover. And constantly breaking off little pieces of myself one by one in order to save others isn't helping. But then again,

If I don't sacrifice myself in order to save others,

Can I really call myself a hero?

I laid in bed tossing and turning over the events of tomorrow- sure, I'd practiced all I could;

But Eri wasn't better yet. I told her to come and see me perform once she was well. And I have failed.

Despite this, I'll keep giving myself. Because I want to, and because it's the right thing to do.

Whether it breaks me or not.

Once I'd finally gotten up, it was time to get dressed into my wonderful, tangerine-coloured band t-shirt. Great choice, Momo...

I paired it with high-waisted black skinny jeans, ripped all down the legs, with a chain and utility belt to go with it. This fine-ass fit was finished off with some chunky black high-heeled ankle boots. Yes, what a mouthful.

After not-so-skilfully slapping some makeup on, I decided to head out.

"Y/N!! You ready??" Kaminari slung an arm around my shoulder lazily.

"Hell yeah." I feigned a grin.

All I could think about was suffering Eri on a hospital bed.

An innocent girl imprisoned in a ward,

Yet I'm free? Why is that fair?

It's not.

"Let's go kill em with our sound." Katsuki firmly smacked me on the back.

"OOF- Someone's enthusiastic." I ruffled the boy's hair- all whilst he looked a little less grumpy than usual.

Backstage, we all made our preparations. Some were riddled with nerves, and some were absolutely wracked with excitement as they fine-tuned their equipment.

And some don't fall into those categories.

Because I was overpowered by guilt.

"I'm gonna have a quick cigarette." I stood up abruptly, needing an ironic breath of fresh air from it all.

That climb to the roof was a long one. Each step felt harder than the last, reminding me of the steps up the hospital. To Eri's room...

Maybe U.A. just needs to install an elevator.

I headed to the edge of the rooftop, trying my best to admire the sunny day before me.

Until I heard footsteps approaching.

"Hey." I turned to see a hoarse-voiced Hizashi, looking tired as hell. And scared...

He can't figure it out. Not now.

"Wassup, 'Zash-"

"Cut the crap, Y/N." His hands were stuffed in his pockets., slowly walking towards me. I was fucking cornered.

"I- I've been thinking about it all night, why you would flinch when I squeezed your arm, and only one answer seemed logical, y'know?" His eyebrows were upturned with worry. I did this to him...?

I suddenly found my shoes very interesting.

"Yamada, I don't know what you're talking about, but it's not important right now, we have a show to put o-"