Part 2: Chapter 14.

TW: Mentions of self-harm.

"This... is a disaster." Jirou face-palmed watching us all struggle to sync up.

"I'M LITERALLY KEEPING THE TIME FOR YOU!! JUST FOLLOW THE BEAT, HOW HARD CAN IT FUCKING BE?!" Katsuki screamed in frustration.

"I call a recess. Everyone, screw your heads on straight, and come back in 5." I put an unlit cigarette in my mouth, heading out with my lighter.

The streetlamp flickered, lighting up the gravel surrounding U.A. Heights. The rooms of the other dorm buildings glowed through the curtains, housing the other students- all likely unable to sleep due to us, of course.

"Hmph." Katsuki came out, leaning himself against the wall beside me in a huff.

"Try to calm down in there. Not everyone can- hey!" What I then witnessed unleashed my dormant, previously unknown, maternal instinct.

Bakugo Katsuki, 15 years old, pulled out a fucking cigarette from his pocket and lit it. I stared at him, absolutely dumbfounded.

"Uh- wha- when- WHEN THE HELL DID YOU START SMOKING!!" I went to take it out of his mouth- he retaliated by simply pushing my head, keeping me at arm's length.

"I can do what I want, you ain't my damn mother!!" He replied, taking a drag with his free hand.

"Really? You're way too young for that... Although I know a lot of people in England who started smoking at 11-13 years..." I thought aloud.

"Exactly." He snapped me out of my train of thought.

"Wait- but we're in Japan!! Damn kid." I ruffled his hair.

My eyes rested upon my own cigarette, rolling it between my fingers. Had I made him want to smoke...? Could constantly seeing me smoking make him want to do it too? Or had the things I had put him through made him think smoking was the answer?

"I know what you're thinking. I know you too damn well, and this isn't caused by you or whatever. I had my first one a long time ago." He reassured me.

Ah, I remember my first cigarette...

Croydon, England, 20xx

Age 14.

"What, you've never had one before?" My upperclassman took a drag from his cigarette. I'd always wanted to try one before...

"No..." I admitted. He held out a pack of Marlboro Golds, one stick poking out- almost taunting me.

"Want one?" He raised his eyebrows. I obliged, taking it out of the box. He passed me the lighter, but somehow, it just wouldn't light.

"You have to suck it." He laughed. I inhaled whilst lighting it-the burn hit my throat, causing me to cough it all up. He broke out into more laughter.

"You suck it into your mouth then breathe it in. Then when you want to ash it, you flick it like this." He used his thumb to knock the ash off. I followed his instructions- coughing a little less this time. After a few drags, the nicotine gave me a lightheaded rush.

"If you want, my mum's a flight attendant- Give you a pack for a fiver." He handed me a brand-new pack- inscribed with Japanese warnings.

"Japan, huh? I've always wanted to go there..." I took a crinkled 5 pound note from my pocket and gave it to him. He snorted.

"My mum says its shit- trains are packed, and everyone's well fucking strict."

"But the views are proper nice. Especially from high up, on the rooftops." He continued.