《56》

Fitz

"Honestly, when I signed up for S.H.I.E.L.D. I expected less Clash of the Titans and more Mission Impossible," Daisy sighed, strapping her arm guards on tighter.

"I expected more lab work, less superpowered beings and aliens," I said, agreeing with her sentiment.

"Same here," agreed Hunter. "I thought I was gonna be James Bond."

"Of course you did," Bobbie groaned as she rolled her eyes. "Though I do have to agree with you guys."

"It doesn't matter what we expected. Only that we're doing what we have to," May announced.

Our casual conversation immediately ended and we went back to arming ourselves.

"Did you call Simmons?" Daisy asked as she slid next to me whilst I packed the dwarfs.

"Yes," I answered, still focused on my task. "She and Mack are going to meet us with some tech we've been working on."

"New toys? Nice." She reached over to look at my briefcase but I quickly shoved her away.

"Not for you," I chided.

She gave me an exaggerated pouty face, but left me to my work. Which I was glad about. That way she didn't see my shaking hands as I cautiously placed sleepy into his slot.

《<>》

Peter

The burly girl in the red bandana (Clarisse, I remembered) hoisted herself onto the roof of the stables and yelled for attention. The teens and kids gathered around. I founded myself and the other mortals following their lead.

"Listen up dipsh*ts! And demigods," Clarisse yelled. Beside me, Mr Stark frowned and crossed his arms.

"Jackson and the others haven't returned yet, so chances are they didn't make it."

The crowd began to mutter and their faces all seemed to pale as the fear showed through. I took a long, deep breath to stop myself from freaking out. I couldn't believe that Percy was just gone. Maybe he was late?

"But that doesn't mean we're just going to stand down. This stinking pit has robbed everything from us and now it's time we returned the favour!"

The crowd cheered in unison with a roaring battle cry as they banged their swords against their shields.

"We're going in blind, up against an infinite hoarde of monsters from the deepest parts of Tartarus. But our job is to give the people travelling through the labyrinth time to get to Tartarus and kill him."

"Surely it won't be that easy," someone said.

"What part of infinite hoarde did you not get dweeb?" The girl questioned, jabbing her spear toward where the voice came from.

"What he means is, will killing the primordial of the pit really be that simple?" Someone elaborated.

Then, Malcom scrambled onto the stable roof and stood by Clarisse - a brave move considering how scary she was. She could've made the toughest players in my school football team wet themselves.