《58》

Clarisse

"Hawkeye get some height, we need eyes in the sky. Take some archers with you," the guy dressed like an American flag barked.  "Vision, Tony and Rhodey, you cover them."

"Hey!" I yelled but was promptly ignored.

"The rest of us are boots on the ground. We need to hold their attention and buy as much time as possible for the others."

Who did this guy think he was giving us orders? The archer guy and so-called earthquake girl cringed at my outburst as they surveyed a sea of angry demigods.

"Uhh, Steve?"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe you shouldn't be ordering these guys around. I think they have more experience than we do," Archer guy intervened.

Steve looked at the smug smirk lining my face and stepped aside. Malcom, a roman centurion and I stepped up above the crowd.

The centurion barked a few formations for the Romans and Malcom directed the Apollo kids and hunters of Artemis to buildings they could fire from. Then I gave my orders. "We fight till the end. LET'S BATHE THE STREETS IN MONSTER DUST!"

Everyone cheered and banged their swords and spears against their shields. I searched for a face in the crowd, worried that I couldn't see him.

"Looking for someone?" A voice beside me said.

"No," I lied, hiding my relief with a scowl.

"Oh?" Chris smirked. "So, I should go?"

"No," I said again, clutching his arm so he couldn't leave.

He smiled warmly a kissed my forehead. "We got this," he reassured me.

And for some reason, I was confident that we did.

《<>》

Jason

I took a knee before my master's throne, bowing my head respectfully.

Yes Servant?

His gravely voice echoed through the chamber. I lifted my head to speak. "Sire, the forces have gathered at the edges of the camp," I informed him. "The troops await your command."

Jackson and Levesque?

"Have not been spotted yet Sire."

Then this is not their full invasion force. Ignore them.

"But the mortals are with them Sire. The witch and some others," I explained.

My master stroked his chin thoughtfully.

Then assign a commander to lead the troops in. You shall remain here with a small platoons defend the prisoners.

I frowned at this decision. "Are the prisoners really important Sire?"

YOU QUESTION ME!?

"N-no sire," I stammered, lowing my gaze to the floor as I realised my grave error. "Of course not."

Know your place Servant.