100 Follower Special

So, I now have 100 followers. I didn't think this would happen anytime soon. And I'm just over the moon! It means that this community has at least 100 people in it now! So to celebrate and thank you guys for all the support, I have gifted you a special little chapter. I hope you enjoy. :-D

《<>》

It was relaxing. The hill beneath her was soft and warm from the heat of the golden sun that beamed down onto it, creating a giant grassy beanbag. Hazel had learnt what they were recently. She imagined this hill would feel something similar, especially as she used her powers to sink back into the earth, creating a cosy cocoon.

Hazel smiled, closing her eyes and relaxing in the warmth of the sun, being soothed by the gentle summer breeze. The moment was perfect, except for one thing: she was alone.

Hazel sighed. She was about to get up and search for company when suddenly she was cuddled up against a mass of muscle, very familiar muscle. Hazel immediately jumped back. "Hazel?" He questioned. "You okay?"

Hazel tried to think for a moment about what had caused her fright, but the thought flew from her mind. "Uh, yeah, I think so." She smiled at her boyfriend and laid down beside him once again. Frank chose to not question it further and instead threw his arm around Hazel, providing somewhere for her head to rest.

"This is nice," she remarked. "No monsters, no vengeful gods, no quests..."

"Just you and me," Frank finished.

The couple turned their heads to the sky for some cloud spotting. It was an activity Hazel loved as she didn't have to have knowledge of the modern world to do it. A rabbit is a rabbit no matter what year you're in.

"Hey, that one looks like Percy," Frank announced. He pointed to a cloud that looked like a face with messy hair.

Hazel giggled. "Yeah it d-"

She stopped speaking when the cloud morphed into Percy. He stared directly at her and screamed, "HAZEL! YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP!"  The voice sounded fuzzy, like it was coming from a radio. It was accompanied by background noises that Hazel couldn't identify, a screech maybe?

Then, all of a sudden, her memories came flooding back to her. The fight, the explosion and...

Hazel reached for Frank to check he was still there. "Frank?" She choked. "You're alive?"

"Hazel," he gasped and stroked her cheek. "I...I don't think I am."

"But...but you...you can't be," she protested, tears blurring her vision.

Frank smiled sadly. "I'm already gone Hazel. This isn't real."

Hazel refused to believe that. "But what if I...what if i wanted it to be real?"

"Dreams are just dreams Hazel. And if you stay here you will die."

Her vision changed to the picture of a serpentine maw filled with millions of shark-like teeth. The image flashed back to Frank. "But then I'll be with you, right?"

Frank cupped her face in his hands and used his thumbs to wipe the tears from her golden eyes. "Is that really what you want Hazel? Can you do that to everyone you love?"

"But I love you!" She shouted.

"Which is why I'll wait in Elysium for you. But everyone else needs you now Hazel. Reality isn't a nice place, but at least it's real. You can't hold on to this dream forever."

The sunshine dimmed and the perfect world began to crumble around her. Hazel knew he was right. She hated it, but he was right. She'd see him again, one day. "I love you Frank."

He smiled as his image began to fade. "I love you t-"

There was a bright flash of light and Hazel was sucked back into reality, just in time to swing her sword and stop herself from being eaten.

《<>》

Yep. I cried. Anyone else?

Hope you guys enjoyed that! This chapter  isn't in place of this week's chapter by the way so I'll see you guys on Saturday.

~Gingerbreadhalfblood