《46.5》

Hey guys, hope you're all doing okay?

I'm sorry yo say that after getting a new phone, I lost most of my notes on this story. I'm working on some new notes on what I remember. But it may take a week or so.

Therefore, in the meantime, I thought it was time to release a half chapter. This is set just after the destruction of New Rome. And should answer some questions...

Hope you like it.

《<>》

Jason wasn't quite sure what to think. Was he dead yet? Maybe? At this point, he might as well be. He wasn't sure where he was anymore. He'd managed to escape his mind a little while ago. Or was it a long while ago? Who knows? The only thing he was certain of, was his total lack of certainty.

It felt like he was trapped in a dark bubble. After escaping through the door he'd created in his head, he ended up in this dark expanse. Like space. Or...Chaos? Then again, Jason had no idea what Chaos was like.

He had no sense of direction, of sight or smell. And it was definitely silent. Jason had heard of sensory deprivation experiments before. When deprived of hearing or sight, people begin to see and hear things. Jason could only wonder how long it would be before he began to experience the same thing.

Then suddenly, Jason could see. He was stood in the wreckage of a marble building. There were bright red roofing tiles and rubble scattered everywhere and small, multicoloured tongues of flame were dancing about. But that was hardly the worst sight. Jason felt his stomach wrench and a horrible uneasiness fell upon him, though that might've been the queasiness.

Bodies were lying under the rubble, littering the streets. Jason began to choke on air. He stumbled back, only to trip over something and fall down. He looked down at his feet to see what had tripped him. He screamed and scrambled back, away from the little girl's immobile body. The girl looked familiar to Jason, and when he realised why, the sick feeling in his stomach doubled. His skin paled and he retched. Tears flooded from his eyes as he forced himself to look away from poor Julia.

A sight to behold, yes?

A dark voice echoed through the demolished city. A voice that was all too familiar to Jason. "What...have you done?" He managed between his gasps for breath.

The voice of Tartarus laughed. The sickly sound tore at Jason's ears as he cupped his hands over them.

You mean, what have you done?

"W-what?" Jason stammered.

This, was all you.

"No," Jason whispered.

Yes. You destroyed the city of New Rome and it's inhabitants. You are a traitor and a murderer. And now you shall lead my armies to destroy the last of the demigods.

Jason brought his knees to his chest and tried to slow his panicked breaths. "No. No. No, no, no," he muttered, repeatedly. Tears trailed down his cheeks as his mind fractured under the weight of his pain and guilt. He didn't want to believe Tartarus' words, but he knew that they were all true. Somehow, he knew. He knew he raised his sword against Dakota and he knew he used Tartarus' power to destroy his city. And he knew he fought and kidnapped his best friend.

But that would all end.

Slowly, Jason rose to his feet, calling his sword to hand. "No," he announced. "I will not lead your armies. I won't serve you any longer."

Yes, you shall.

Before Jason could even react, someone had grabbed his head and dug claws into his temples. He screamed in agony, dropping his sword and grasping at the hands that were holding him. The claws only dug in tighter and tighter.

If you will not serve me willingly, I'll just have to take your free will.

Jason didn't register Tartarus' gloat. His mind was overwhelmed with pain, no room to register anything else.

Go ahead Dolos.

Upon Tartarus' command, Jason's brain flared with more pain than he'd ever felt, like hot daggers were being twisted into his scull. Then suddenly, the pain was gone and Dolos disappeared into smoke.

Jason Grace?

Tartarus waited eagerly to see if Dolos had succeeded.

And he was not disappointed.

Jason knelt down on one knee and bowed his head.

"What is your bidding, Sire?"

《<>》

That was super dark and I'm kinda scared to admit that I really enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoyed it too.

And let me know what you think about the real Jason working for Tartarus. Was it unexpected?

Anyway, let me know what you thought.

~GingerbreadHalfblood