《47》

Percy

"We can't just stay here! We need to go out and fight!" Someone yelled.

"But have you forgotten that it's frickin' Hell we're fighting!?" Another retorted.

I shared a bored glance with Reyna. We both knew we wouldn't get anywhere by screaming about it. The mortals were outside waiting for us to be done. Though Peter was sat beside me, giving us a pitiful look.

"We've defeated the Earth!" The first guy pointed out in response.

"No," Piper said quietly. Everyone shut up and glanced her way. Piper looked down at her shaking hands and clasped them together to minimise movement. "Leo defeated Gaia. And he's gone."

Hazel put a delicate hand on Piper's shoulder. "Piper..." she began.

"I'm okay. I just want them back," she whimpered.

"Them being?" Questioned Katie.

I answered, "Annabeth, Leo, Nico, Jas-"

"JASON!?" A centurion cried in disgust.

"Yeah, Jason," Piper snapped. "He's under Tartarus' control and we need him back."

Gwen scoffed. "I'm sure you want to believe that Piper but we have to face facts. Jason is gone. He murdered Dakota and Frank and the hundreds of Romans living in the city that he destroyed. He did that," she continued, sneering every time she said he.

"THAT'S A LIE!" Piper shouted, standing up and slamming her hands on the table. Poor Hazel crashed to the floor and the unstable ping pong table to shook under Piper's force, sending a tray of lemonade into Connor and Will. "Jason would never hurt any of us. He's loyal and brave. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar!" Piper trembled with anger and sorrow. Everyone stared at her, slightly horrified at her outburst.

Seeing the need to calm her down I spoke softly. "Piper, that's not what Gwen said."

"Then what did she say Percy?" She snapped, as she jeered her glare toward me, showing the tears streaking her face.

"I know Jason would never do any of that. Everyone does. But...what they are trying to say, is that guy might not be Jason anymore," I reasoned.

Piper gulped as she tried to compose herself again. She knew what I was saying and knew that it was probably true, but in her heart, she couldn't accept it. And I couldn't blame her. I wouldn't either if it was Annabeth.

The room was silenced for a while, that was until my phone started ringing with its embarrassing ringtone.

Under the sea,

Under the sea,

Darling-

I quickly answered the phone without looking to avoid the room collectively bursting into laughter.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Is this Percy Jackson?" Someone I didn't recognise questioned.

"Yeah."

"This is Miles. I'm looking for Reyna. I tried all the other numbers and you're the first that's picked up."

I gave myself a moment to be confused. Who the Hades was Miles? How did he know Reyna? Did she give him my number?

"Um, Reyna," I called, not knowing what else to do in this situation. I held the phone across the ping-pong table. "It's for you. Some guy named Miles."

Reyna's eyes went wide and she snatched the phone from my hand, quicker than my eyes could register.

"Miles? What's happening?" She questioned, her voice frantic.