《17》

Woah guys, 1.05k reads, when did this happen?!!!! Oh my gods this is amazhang!!!! Thanks so much (Despite the fact I'm pretty sure most of these were me checking comments and mistakes etc.) X-D

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. Hope it's up to standard.

《<>》

Frank

I crouched down low to the ground and ran my fingers against the dirt path. It felt warm, like it had been melted a while ago. They came through here. I thought. I took a deep breath through my nose, the burning smell entered and wreaked havoc upon my senses, making me sputter and cough.

I transformed into a stag, seeing as its senses were far more finely tuned then my own. In the distance by the bunk houses I could here hissing and I galloped towards it.

Once I reached the houses I saw the six basilisks waiting for me. They hissed in unison and swayed their heads, like cobras caught in the fine tune of a snake charmer's flute. Knowing in my current form I couldn't do much I shrunk down until I was a weasel. They reared back in surprise and almost slithered away, before they realised that I was too small to do any damage. They reared back again, this time in attack mode. Opening their wide jaws causing poison to drip down onto the ground.

Think, think. I need something weasel-like but bigger. Think THINK! ......... Wait, I got it!

I grew. Not really changing in shape but in size. I grew until I was over a meter. Not much compared to the giant basilisks but enough to make them nervous. I pounced, wrapping my teeth around the nearest basilisks neck, not giving it a chance to slide away. The poison burned my jaw but the pain was rewarded when the beast crumbled to a golden dust. The others slithered away in fear but I was faster. I morphed back into an agile weasel and chased them down. Once I got close to one I morphed again into my larger form and crunched on its jaw. I did this on repeat until there was one left, and it was headed towards New Rome.

I transformed into an eagle and flew after it, picking up speed. I swooped down and clawed at its eye, causing it to writhe in pain. I then morphed back into myself and stabbed it with a spear. I panted heavily and rested for a moment. Then I heard a scream. A very familiar scream.

"HAZEL!"

《<>》

Leo

"HAZEL!"

We heard Frank's cry before we could see him. We saw him sprinting towards a pack of...

"HOLY HEPHAESTUS! THOSE BASILISKS ARE F*CKING HUGE!" I yelled, staring at the pack of overgrown lizards.

"Nevermind that!" Percy shouted back over the wind, his eyes wide with worry, "they have Hazel!"

I looked back and noticed the pack were encircling a small girl with a large mop of frizzy hair and a boy with blood dripping down his chin like a vampire. Hazel was lying on the ground, unmoving. The boy was stood over her turning his golden sword to any snakes that got too close. I then remembered Frank yelling her name when I saw him approach the mob.

"Get us down there Blackjack!" Percy yelled, spurring the pegasi down towards the danger.

When we were 10 feet from the ground, Percy jumped off the pegasus into the circle and cut off the nearest snake's head. Jason jumped down after and followed suit, chopping off heads left and right. Percy's pegasus dropped Annabeth down next to her boyfriend. Percy nodded at him before he flew off. The pegasi dropped the rest of us on the ground and took off after their leader.