《13》

Hey guys! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! :-D
So good news, I got a laptop for Christmas so I can update better and faster than ever before!
Yipee!

Hopefully this chapter was worth the wait!!!
Enjoy!

《<>》

Reyna

I was trapped. Surrounded on all sides. Stalked like prey. I would not let them take me from my people. I backed into the corner and drew my sword, readied for a fight.

Then the blonde girl stepped forward and spoke, "You're going whether you want to or not."

"I will not leave my people." I swung my sword for effect.

"I have the people under control."

"But..."

"Reyna," a boy chided, interrupting me, then stepped towards me and wrenched the sword out of my hand.

"Frank's got it under control and Hazel's gonna help him. Aren't you guys?"

We turned to the Praetor and Centurion who nodded. Piper then looked at a clock on the wall. "Well Reyna, we packed your things. If you don't leave now you'll miss your flight. Porkpie is going to take you to the airport."

I sighed knowing I wouldn't get out of this. "Where am I going?" I asked tiredly.

Everyone smiled then yelled, "Miami!"

《<>》

I found myself on South Pointe beach, Miami. I looked to my right and saw the pier in the distance, and the path of rocks reaching out into the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic which reflected the tropic blue sky. I reached for my mocktail that was sat beside me and took a sip. The sweet-tasting orange liquid swirled round my mouth and slipped down my throat, refreshing me instantly.

"This is the life isn't it?" He said from beside me in a similar lounge chair.

A small smile played on my lips and I swirled the ice around my glass with my straw. "I admit, my friends were right about me needing a holiday."

"Especially because you met me on this holiday."

I laughed.

He sat up and placed a hand on his bare chest in mock hurt. "Are you laughing at my sincerity?"

This made me laugh harder.

"Right that's it." He stood up from his chair and picked me out of mine. He then began carrying me, bridal style, down to the water.

"Wait, what are you...?"

He then dropped me into the sea.

I sat up in the 3-inch-deep water and glared, which made him laugh. I stood up and kicked the water into his face. "Oh, it's on!"

He reached down and flicked more water back at me. I sidestepped to avoid it and did the same. We splashed water back and forth until I tripped and landed on top of him.

We lay like that for a moment. Our hearts thumping in sync. Feeling his chest rise and fall beneath me. I stared into his deep dark blue eyes.

He reached his hand up and tucked a loose hair behind my ear before cupping my face and bringing it towards his. Suddenly our lips were pressed together. I closed my eyes and lost myself in the kiss. We broke off, breathless. We smiled at each other.

"You're an amazing girl." He said gently.

"Is that code for something?"

"Yeah. It's code for: I love you Reyna."

"I love you too," I replied. And then we lost ourselves in another kiss.

《<>》

Boom!
Bet you weren't expecting that.

And the song doesn't match the chapter at all but I was listening to it so there.

This chapter isn't the super-long, epic chapter I was talking about, sorry. This is mainly a filler because the real one wasn't ready and I didn't want you guys to have to wait.

EDIT: I've had a few comments yelling at me about how Reyna's a lesbian or a hunter. So I'm going to write here that I didn't know, okay? I haven't past the third TOA so this book is continued from BOO (HOO).
I'm particularly referring to Reyna's conversation with Piper when she suggests that Reyna may fall in love with a mortal.
If you disagree, that is okay. But in my story this is what is happening and I hope you still enjoy it anyway.

Thank you!!!
See you next week!
~Gingerbreadhalfblood