《20》

I saw the blackened mess that was our dinner on a blackened stove complete with a black smudge that stained everything in a three meter radius. At the centre of the burnt mess stood our favourite 'sort of robot sort of not' Vision, desperately trying to scrape burnt husks of food off of a tray.

"Let me guess, you were cooking again?"

《<>》

Vision

The Captain stared at me expectantly, waiting for a reply.

"Seeing as I'm not adept at lying I'll have to say yes," I replied sheepishly.

"Vision we've talked about this, don't go into the kitchen without supervision."

"Well, I-I-I told F.R.I.D.A.Y.," I countered, believing this to be an acceptable excuse.

"You know F.R.I.D.A.Y. doesn't count," he chided.

"Yes Captain, but I really thought I had it this time."

"By 'had it' do you mean setting fire to the kitchen?" He questioned, eyebrows raised.

Not being able to detect his sarcasm I replied, "Not quite."

The Captain rolled his eyes and ran sooty fingers through his blackened hair. "What were you making anyway?"

I paused for a moment to view the charred mess in the oven. "A birthday cake."

"Wait. For Wanda?" He asked, a grin emerging on his face.

"Y-yes?" I replied hesitantly.

The Captain stood still for a moment, pondering, before smiling at me and guesturing to the door. "Come on, let's go to the other kitchen. I'll help you so if doesn't get blown up."

I returned the smile and glided after him. "Sounds good Captain. I wouldn't want to have Mr Stark replace a fifth kitchen."

《<>》

Frank

I sat on the grassy hill with Leo, Jason, Nico and his boyfriend surveying the wreckage of Camp Jupiter and the demigods that were recovering in various places on the hill. We sat quietly, trying to grasp what the heck just happened.

Annabeth, after a few hours, joined us.

"Hey, aren't you meant to be with your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Aren't you meant to be with your girlfriend?" She countered.

I said nothing, my face remaining stoic as I stared back at the rubble that was Camp Jupiter. I wanted nothing more than to hold Hazel until she woke up. But I just couldn't stare at her and the bite mark without burning with rage and morphing into various beast that freaked the heck out of some injured people.

Annabeth's eyes softened and she placed a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I know you want to be in there with her."

I nodded, not in the mood to say anything. Annabeth removed her hand from my shoulder and followed my gaze. Camp Jupiter was in ruins. New Rome was more or less okay (with the exception of some burnt down apartments) but the camp had been destroyed. I felt guilty. I should have done something more. Earlier. Instead of having a mental freak out and pondering how to get rid of them. I should've turned into a giant otter sooner. I should've...