《50》

Oh gods. It is the 50th chapter. I mean...woah. Look how far we've come. I didn't see the story getting this far...I honestly thought it'd be over by Christmas. Well...it's not. But in a way, I'm not sure what I'll do when it's finished...

Just kidding! I've got a tonne of stories I'm working on. The MLB crossover, the Divergent crossover...and these are only the HOO fanfics.

But I think I'm getting off track...

So welcome to the 50th chapter of Suspected Terrorists!

And a massive thanks to all of you for helping to make it possible. :-) I couldn't of done it without your support.

Before we start, some celebratory fanart! (Still not mine. Maybe someday...)

《<>》

《<>》

Daisy

After the attacks, I found myself with the Avengers and my team helping to wrap dead children in burial shrouds. Each shroud was silk with various decorations. Some were delicately embroidered with designs and symbols. Others were spray-painted with swords and crossbones.

The scarier thing than all these children dying, was that most of the kids seemed numb to the pain. Any younger ones were being comforted by older teens with mournful expressions but hardened emotions. It made wonder what these kids have been through.

At the mass funeral, not many spoke. Two people went and stood in the middle of the amphitheatre while everyone else sat down. One was a Latino girl dressed in golden armour over a faded purple t-shirt and complete with a cloak. The way she carried herself seemed reminiscent of a general or a leader.

She addressed the crowd like a professional speaker, as if she'd done so a thousand times before. She didn't say much that could be understood by an outsider. Just things about Romans and Greeks and past battles. But her sentiment of sticking together and never backing down was something that hit me quite hard and something that I'd take away from her. She was a wise kid.

Then there was Percy. He was a lean 17-year-old with messy hair and a slight slouch. He gave me skater kid vibes but the look in his eyes wasn't one of a trouble-maker. I saw in his eyes something I could see in Coulson's - someone who'd seen a lot of sh*t and was still processing. Though I didn't believe that Percy had come back from the dead. Percy stood beside the girl as she addressed the crowd fiddling with a pen as he surveyed the crowd with vacant eyes. His thoughts were clearly elsewhere.

When the girl finished speaking she turned to Percy. "So, do you have a plan?" She asked.

Percy snapped back and glanced at her with surprise, not because he hadn't heard, but it seemed to be more because he was confused why she was talking to him. "Huh?"