《61》

Wow. I-uhhh...I'm really sorry guys. I kind of just stopped writing and that's really not fair on you. The thing is, I love this story. A lot. And now that my other story has finished, I guess I'm just now realising this will too. This story is pretty much my first real attempt at writing and...well, it holds a special place in my heart. On a subconscious level, I stopped because I didn't really want this story to end. Which is weird because I'm super psyched for the finale.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the pause. I'm coming back with a vengeance and a real twist I this chapter. ;-)

Updates might not be regular (not that they always were) and from now on I'm just going to put up chapters when I can.

Love you all, and thanks for the support.

《<>》

Percy

We could hear them before we could find them.

There's a certain way in which the voice of an angry teen carries through a hallway. Leo's frustrated groans especially.

"...don't know what's worse, them yelling at us or ignoring us," he contemplated.

Piper instantly perked up. She snapped to attention like a soldier and turned her head toward the sound.

"Ignoring," Annabeth answered. "Definitely increases the tension."

I gasped when Annabeth's voice echoed down the corridor. Instantly, I was running toward her voice, Piper hot on my heels.

"I personally prefer the silence," A raspy voice chimed in, who I assumed was Nico.

Piper and I rounded a bend and I almost face-planted a door. I turned my head just in time to avoid a nose-bleed, but was going too fast to stop and slammed straight into the rickety wood. A millisecond later, Piper slammed into my back.

"Oww," I muttered, gently peeling myself off of the door.

"Who's there!?" I heard Leo shout, followed by a jangle of chains.

I glanced back to see Piper and I had passed another door, one with a grate set into it.

"Leo?" Piper called, stumbling towards the door as she rubbed her nose, which distorted her voice.

"No! I'm Leo!" Leo retorted. The retort was followed by a snort, presumably from Annabeth.

Piper made it to the door and stood in front of it, peering in through the small hole.

"Piper!" Leo cried, relieved. "Gods, it's good to see you."

Piper grinned. "You too."

Eyeing the lock on the door, I pulled out the Riptide and gestured for Piper to move. She complied. With all my strength, I swung down hard on the lock. A mighty clang of celestial bronze colliding with the metal echoed, swiftly followed by the shatter of the lock.