Fear

{Hi. This is my first story on Wattpad so things might be a bit slow. If you spot any way I can improve please comment. Also, there are warning for a reason and these warnings apply from the start. }

Fear

Thats all I saw in that poor boys' eyes.

Fear of what has happened. Fear of what could have happened. Fear of what I did.

I was no hero. I used my quirk without permission and had killed too many to count. Now there was another death to my name. The death of a man who had hurt an innocent child.

The poor boy was shaking. Whether it was from fear, or the cold of a stormy winter's night, I do not know. His fluorescent yellow eyes watching me through the darkness. His blond hair a mess and his torn clothes clung to his body where they could. Yet they could not hide the bruises from his struggle for freedom, or the blood that trickled down his arm from a small cut. Most likely from one of the many shards of glass and broken bottles that littered the alleyway.

The man, however, was in a worse state. Lying in a pool of his own blood, eyes wide and skin pale. A bone protruding from his arm, a leg bent in the wrong direction. His knife in his back.

"w-who?"

A quiet voice cut through the darkness, drawing my attention to the boy. His small and fragile figure illuminated by the light of the moon.

"Sorry, I can't tell you"

A simple reply. I didn't want to scare the boy too much. I took a step towards him, only for him to shuffle further into the dark alley.

"Do you have a name?"

He looked me up and down, unsure what to do. Understandable. I had just killed a guy.

"I cant help you much if I don't know your name"

No reply came. It was clear he was too scared to speak.

"OK Kid, Can I give you my coat? You will freeze before the cops get here if I don't"

A small nod. Slowly, I took off my coat. The black material wet from the rain, but warm. Holding it out to him, he was still unsure, but took it gratefully. That's when I noticed it. The wound on his head. For fucks sake!

"Kid! You're bleeding. I need to bandage your head. Will you let me come close?"

Another hesitant nod. Walking toward him with a slow pace, I removed my red scarf. It's thin fabric was soaked and dirty from the fight, but would have to do. Kneeling in front of him, I began bandaging his head. Telling him everything I was doing.

Suddenly, sirens sounded in the background. The police were near. If they were close then so were the heros. I hurried my actions and stood up.

"Look kid, I cant stay around for long. The hero's are on their way. I have to go"

Looking one last time, I turned to leave. But something grabbed my arm. No. Not something. Someone. The kid.

"Wait!"

A desperate plea for me to stay. But I couldn't.

"Sorry Kid. I have to go. I don't get along with heros"

"Are you a villain?"

"Yeah, I guess I am"

He let go. He looked away. When he looked back. I was gone.