Compromise

Looking away, I continued eating. The bench creaked as he sat down next to me. Shit. What do I do? If I run it will be to obvious, if I stay here he'll figure it out.
"Hey there miss, have you seen a girl with black and white hair around?"
Pointing towards a dense part of the crowd, I nodded.
"Over there? You sure?"
I nodded again. Please go away.
"Coz I think she's right here"
I felt a hand on my head, pulling my hood down. Shit.
"Found you"
He placed both hands on the bench as I pulled the hood back up. Looking around frantically, it seemed as though no one else noticed. If I could just get away...
"You know, you made Kamui Woods have a blushing meltdown. All because you made him enter the girls locker room. That's-"
"I didn't make him do anything. He chose to follow me!"
"Are you going to go back to the nurses office?"
"No"
"Please"
"No"
"Why not?"
"Because I'm-"
I began coughing violently. My body shaking as the coughs slowly stopped.
"Don't say your fine. Your clearly not, now I'm taking you back to Recovery Girl"
"No you're not! It's just a cough!"
"Kazu Kaminari! You will be going back to the infirmary!"
Everyone began staring at us. No one had ever seen Mic get angry. This was bad.
"Please Mic. I'll be ok. Sitting around doing nothing won't help either. I tried healing myself, and although the concussion was fixed, my damaged lungs absorbed some of the dust. At the moment, I'm coughing to clear my lungs of loose dust. An infection will develop soon. That's when I'll need to rest"
"Kaz...."
"Please Hizashi"
"If you let Recovery Girl check you over, then you can watch from the staff building with all the heroes."
"Fine. Let's get this over with"

Mic called for one of the teachers to come get me. When Ectoplasm arrived, I was escorted to Recovery Girl's office. She yelled at me for my recklessness before checking me over as Ectoplasm waited outside. After she had given the all clear, I was brought to the staff break room. Many stared at me, confused about a student being here. Finding a quiet corner in the back, I began watching the nearest TV. The last game was about to start.
"Even though he's done well, what's with that face? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya! Versus- Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out! From general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!"
If Midoriya talks, he'll lose. If he doesn't, he'll win. It all comes down to voice.
"The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilise them! You can also win by making your opponent say, 'I give up!' Bring on the injuries! Because we're got our very own Recovery Girl waiting on standby! Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is crap!"
Mic! There are children watching!
"It's not allowed! Heroes should only use their fists to catch Villains!"
Yeah.... villains.
Shinso started talking to Midoriya, but the camera couldn't pick up what they were saying. Don't fall into his trap Midoriya!
"Ready? Start!"
By the look on Midoriya's face, Shinso had said something that pissed him off. Midoriya started walking towards Shinso, then his mouth moved. Idiot! Midoriya stopped walking. He's lost!
"Hey, hey, what's the matter? It's the important first match! Liven things up! Midoriya! The match just started...and he's completely frozen?! He's got a blank look on his face and isn't moving at all! Is this Shinso's quirk?"
Who do I support? My classmate or one of my closest friends?
"He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing? Hitoshi Shinso from general studies, has gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Who would have imagined this?! Will the bottom really overthrow the top?"
Shinso said something, causing Midoriya to turn around and start walking to the boundary.
"Huh? What?! Midoriya's being so obedient!"
He continued walking. Each step loud and clear. He needs to snap out of it. Midoriya! Suddenly, a shockwave was sent through the air, picking up dust as it moved. At its centre was Midoriya. He somehow used his quirk! How?!
"Th-This is...! Midoriya's stopped!"
The crowd went wild. Everyone was cheering for Midoriya. Shinso looked confused. This had clearly never happened before. His confusion turned to anger as he tried to get Midoriya to talk. Midoriya wasn't falling for the same trick twice. He began running at Shinso, his fingers were broken, but his body was his own. He was in control. He grabbed hold of Shinso, pushing him towards the boundary. Shinso punched him, Midoriya's head turning at the force, his nose bleeding. Shinso punched Midoriya's hand, the broken one. The pain made him stop pushing as much, allowing Shinso to send him stumbling past him, near the boundary. Shinso ran at Midoriya, pushing him closer and closer to his defeat. Midoriya grabbed Shinso's arm and jacket, throwing him over his shoulder and out of bounds. He lost. Shinso lost.
"Who did you want to win?"
Looking too my right, I saw Kamui Woods had sat on the floor next to me.
"Shinso"
"But isn't the other kid your classmate?"
I nodded. I felt bad for Shinso. He deserved to win.
"Why?"
Looking at the wooden hero, I saw he was intrigued. I might as well explain.
"Although, like me, Midoriya was unusually late at manifesting his quirk, Shinso always had his. Although that sounds like a good thing, Shinso's quirk is quite..."
"Villainous"
"Yeah. He was probably bullied a lot growing up. Maybe even been beaten by his peers for wanting to be a hero, and yet, he still tries so much. He is such a kind and gentle person, and with all he might have been through to get this far, he deserves it more than anyone else."
Silence settled over us as Kumui Woods pondered my words. After a few minutes, he broke the peaceful silence.
"You could be jumping to conclusions, but your right. He does deserve it."
"Yeah.... anyway, sorry about earlier. I just really wanted to watch the tournament."
"Let me guess, to see how everyone else did?"
"Actually, no. I've never watched the tournament before."
He scrambled to his knees as he placed a hand on each of my shoulders.
"You've never watched it! Have you been living under a rock or something?!"
"N-No. Just that I was always too busy"
"TOO BUSY FOR THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL!!"
He fell backwards. It looked as though his soul was leaving his body.
"Are you ok?"
"The sports festival..."
He's not ok...