Sleep

For two weeks, I trained almost constantly. During the day, I trained with Cho and Tokoyami. I trained with Cho after school. During school hours, Tokoyami and I would go into a large warehouse like building. We would block out the windows, leaving us in darkness. Once there was too little light to see, Tokoyami and I would spar. He would attack me with Dark Shadow. I would attack by concentrating the little light in the building. It helped both of us. The results already clear by the end of the first week. As well as our fighting skills and overall awareness increasing, he was able to control Dark Shadow a little more. I learnt how to use light and darkness at the same time. Although I couldn't hold it for long, I was able to make the two spin around each other. The concentrated and spinning light and dark creating a hypnotic effect. It was powerful, but I couldn't hold it long enough to work. When I did this the first time, I felt no pain. My quirk didn't hurt me for the first time in my life.

At night, I trained against Dabi and Akugaro. Well, less training and more then trying to beat the crap out of me. We would spar. I was not allowed to use hand to hand combat, but they were. I was only allowed to use my quirk. By the end of the first week, I was able to create a large wall of darkness, but that never worked because of a particular pyromaniac. The light from his flame was often too bright for my wall to stand against. There was also not enough light to create a wall, plus it would draw too much attention. Half way through the second week, I was able to last more than five minutes against them. Five minutes against a pyromaniac and a hero killer, just using my normally unused quirk. It was really good.

Over the weekends, I would train with Shinso. He would try and get me to talk, but it hardly ever worked... until he started insulting my height.
Why are you so short? Are you really this short?
Why do I feel bad fighting such a small person?
It was so hard. If I yelled at him for it, I lost the fight, I had to just ignore his comments. I got him back a couple of times though. I would practice my new hypnotic thing on him. While it annoyed him, I found it greatly amusing. Although I wasn't making progress in how long I could hold it for, I was making progress in the size of it. Shinso was making progress in his ability to get people to talk. Not that he needed to. One Saturday morning, our training, which had just started, was interrupted by a phone call. It was from Dabi. Nothing major, just asking if I was still up for training later that day. Shinso asked me how often I trained. Horror becoming clear on his face as I told him.
"ALL DAY AND NIGHT!!! YOU NEED TO REST!!"
"It's fine Shinso. I just have a small nap and I'm good. Besides, my quirk heals any wounds, no matter the size, though not many people know."
"It doesn't heal exhaustion, does it?"
He already new the answer.
"Well...no. But I'm used to overworking my body. It fine. I don't need-"
He took long strides towards me, moving quickly and with purpose. He stopped just a few feet away.
"-rest"
"You do. No more training today. Can you call someone to pick you up?"
"You can't tell me what to do"
Suddenly, I lost all control of myself.
"Yes I can. Come here"
My limbs moving on their own as my legs moved towards him. Damn you and your quirk. When I was standing infront of him, he patted my head, causing his quirk to deactivate. As I realised I was free, I went to step away. Two hands quickly grabbed me as I moved, lifting me into his arms.
"Shinso! Put me down!"
He chuckled as he started carrying me through the halls of one of the many buildings in UA.
"Where are you talking me?! Put me down!"
I started trying to wriggle free, but he was too strong.
"Stop moving! Your heavier than I expected"
Did he just...
"Why you!!! It's muscle!"
"Yeah. Cause your so strong."
"I will have you know that when I was 6 I broke Endeavours arm!"
"I don't believe that. An 6 year old breaking a pro heroes arm. That's not possible if you were quirkless until you were 10."
"First of all, not many people know when my quirk manifested, so stop talking about it. Second of all, a large hammer was involved!"
He stopped walking and turning his head to stare at me.
"A hammer.... note to self, don't get on Mono's bad side."
Why the fuck is he calling me mono? I'm not monochrome. Ok, my skin is almost as white as my hair, but I'm not monochrome. Looking at him, I saw he had an evil look on his face.
"What's with that look?"
Suddenly, I was falling. My body landing softly on a pile of blankets. Where were we?
"Go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we have to go."
"Where are we?"
"Near the back of UA. Only the teachers know of this place. Now go to sleep"
I looked at the floor. My nightmares have been worse than normal. I won't be able to sleep. I could pretend, but if I do actually fall asleep...
"I'm not tired"
I moved to get up, only for him to place a gentle hand on my shoulder, stopping me from standing.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"Don't lie. What's wrong?"
"Don't worry about it"
"I do worry. What's wrong? Why don't you want to sleep?"
I looked at him, trying to find the right words. He has become such a big part of my life. He knows me more than anyone in my class, even Denki. But he is too close. He could get hurt if he finds out the truth.
"Do you have nightmares?"
I nodded slowly, turning my head away from him. I refused to look at him, my mind too full of questions. How have I allowed him to get so close? Why do I care so much about him? Why do I struggle keeping secrets from him? I heard the blankets shuffle as he sat next to me. His arms wrapping around my waist as he pulled me into his lap. My face turning a brilliant crimson. No one has ever done this before.
"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. I'll wake you from your nightmare. Now go to sleep."
He started humming a lullaby. The noise easing my thoughts and lulling me to sleep.