Documentary

I had been sitting in Kaumi's lounge trying to find something to watch when I flicked onto the news. That's when I saw that horrid headline. I dropped the remote as I stared at the screen. How?
I quickly picked up the remote, tuning up the volume.
'Just minutes ago three students from top hero school UA fought the hero killer in a narrow alley. With their combined power, these three heroes in training were able to defeat the Hero Killer. They were all injured. The boys are in a stable condition getting some much needed rest. Lets go to our reporter at the scene'
As they changed to this reporter, my phone started ringing. It was Dabi.
"Kaz! Have you seen the news?!"
"Y-Yeah"
"We need to meet and figure things out. Where are you?"
"You can't come here! I'm at a hero agency!"
"Then what do we do for now?"
"Nothing. We do nothing. Not even go out until we know his condition. Then we'll think of a plan."
"But Kaz!"
A light switched on, alerting me of Kamui Woods presence.
"I-I have to go"
I hung up, not even saying goodbye. Kamui was standing in the doorway, his green leaf like hair a mess. A conflicted look adorned his unmasked face. He walked towards me, one hand behind his back.
He finally stoped just feet away. He stared at me as he revealed what he had been hiding. My mask.
"Are you her?"
I knew who he was talking about. That mask was known by heroes and villains alike. I nodded my head, my hand reaching for a dagger I didn't have.
"Is this a joke? Or am I actually talking to the Huntress?"
I nodded my head slowly, grabbing the mask.
"Are you going to arrest me?"
He flopped onto the couch with a sigh.
"No"
I sat down on the opposite end, starting at him confused.
"Why not?"
He stared at me, inspecting me as I removed the mask.
"The Huntress: Hero of the Helpless. Ring a bell?"
Hero of the helpless. That sounded like a movie title.
"It's a documentary about you. Have you not watched your own documentary?"
"I didn't know it existed"
He sighed. Picking up the remote, he began searching for something. The documentary.
"Your going to watch it, Huntress."
His words held no anger, no disgust. Nothing but sadness. He began playing the hour long documentary. For an hour, neither of us talked. He kept looking at me. When it finally finished, he switched the TV off.
"How much was true? Other than your quirk"
"Almost all of it. All except the kill count and the name origin"
"Explain"
"They said my name was chosen randomly by the public. I hunted and killed off an organisation. One got away and I hunted him down. He told the police about a girl hunting him. They thought he was crazy so locked him up for the night. I knocked out anyone I couldn't sneak around and killed him in his cell."
"And the kill count?"
"They said about 170 in 3 years. It's actually almost 280 in five years."
He stared at me, eyes wide. That was to be expected.
"Almost 280 deaths to my name, yet you won't arrest me"
"You help those heroes can't help. I might not agree with your method, but I agree with what you do. Most heroes do. Most heroes want to partner up with you. You know so much and help out so much, and you have never harmed a civilian. That's-"
"A lie. Remember that massacre 5 years ago. 37 people died. That was me losing control of my quirk. You still don't want to arrest me?"
"You were a child"
"A child can still murder"
He sighed.
"Look. I'm not gonna arrest you. I won't help you either."
I stared at him. A hero was letting a killer go.
He stood up and left me to my thoughts. I sat there for a while, thinking. If one hero had this opinion, then others might. With that final thought, I returned to my room, drifting into an uneasy sleep.