CH. 48 Brand new!

CH. 48 Brand new!

(Bernard POV)

Everyone looked great, and I mean everyone, and they all looked so happy.

The happy looks on all their faces instantly made me smile.

My mother's new hair color was something that I saw made her happy, she couldn't stop looking at her reflection, and she was glowing.

I was scared that they would quickly change their mind about the whole change thing, but it looks like they were eager as soon as we hit the stores.

I let them have whatever they wanted; of course, they were nervous and kept asking me if it was okay for them to get as much as they were getting, but I told them it was okay that I had no problem spending the amount of money I was spending on them.

I got my mother and my little brother, who was older than the others, a cell phone.

Whenever it is that they needed something and I wasn't near them, they would reach me. Also, I think they would enjoy having a cell phone with them, something fun that they can learn to use.

I stared at my family and smiled at them; I am so happy to have them here with me; I've missed them so much and felt a little homesick, not because of the area itself but because of my family.

Now that they're here with me, I no longer feel homesick.

"I am planning on getting you all a better place to be suited in, one with a room for each of you and a room that you all will be able to decorate to however you want to," I said to them.

"I know, son, you're doing so much for us." My mother said.

"You all are my family, of course. There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for any of you." I said to them.

My mother smiled at me.

"My brother will be seeing us soon." My mother said, and I nodded my head because my Uncle knowing now that my mother and my siblings are here, will be coming to see them, and I know as much as he will try to keep his emotions intact, hearing the story from my mother will probably cause his feelings to come out.

I couldn't believe my father did that to my mother, and I know their marriage to each other was arrange,d but he shouldn't have embarrassed her the way he did. Carol should never get involved with my father in the first place.

What was she thinking?

She has a family, and so does he.

What could they have been both thinkings to have them start this affair?

Did they not care about the feelings of the people they would be hurting?

Clearly not.

I wonder how he is taking this?

We were at one point friends, and I did care for him at a time.

Even though what he did was a betrayal. I wouldn't be where I am right now if he didn't cast me out.

That doesn't mean I would come to help him in any situation, but just acknowledging what caused what.

My phone dinged, and it was from Duke, shooting me a text message letting me know that my Aunt and Uncle were at our place.

Our place, I'm sure he didn't overthink when he typed it, but it made me feel so warm that he is calling his home our place.

I told my mom and the kids, and we started to head back to the apartments.