CH. 27 This is something I like

(Bernard POV)

Kissing Duke just felt amazing, just being with him was amazing.

When I release his lips, I smiled at him.

"You should open your gift later though," I said smiling, which caused him to raise a brow.

"Is that so?" He asked me with a soft smile on his face.

I nodded my head.

"Yes, I'm going to greet your mother and Jelly Bean. I'll also put the gift in your room when I'm done. How was your day baby." I said looking at him.

The smile never dropped his face, the fact that this man had no idea how gorgeous he looked was beyond me.

"It was good, it got better when you arrive though." He said to me causing my heart to leap at that.

"Really?" I asked him.

He nodded his head.

"Yes, you have no idea how special you're to me." He said softly that had me wanting to kiss him all over again but I held myself back.

"Okay, go ahead on telling Mom and our baby hi." He said causing my heart to leap once again on the fact that he called her our baby.

How could have I've gone from being disowned, kick out of my family and having no family, to coming here, having relationships with my Aunt and Uncle, having a little family of my own and also making new friends who are going to be a part of this growing family of ours.

I had a feeling that this family was only going to get bigger and bigger.

I walked towards Duke mom, who was in the kitchen with Jelly Bean.

Jelly Bean saw me and her eyes widened, letting out a giggle that alerted Duke mom on my present.

"Hi Bernard, how was your day?" Duke mom asked me as I pressed a kid on her cheek.

She smiled at me.

"It was okay, did Duke tell you about the lawyer thing and how was your day. Jelly Bean kept you entertained?" I asked her, she let out a small laugh.

"Yes, she is quite an entertaining baby, this one. Yes, Duke did fill me in. Thank you so much! I know that it's also going to take some more work to make sure that nothing happens but I am glad that you were able to get it signed off by a judge." She said with a relief look on her face.

I nodded my head. "Of course, even though she did give up her rights. I wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be able to try to go through any loophole if she ever came to the decision of wanting to get Jelly Bean because she is never going to be able to do that." I said meaning my words and by the facial expression that Duke mother was giving.

I knew that she agreed completely.

"Thank you so much for coming into Duke's life, I've never seen him this way before and I just wanted to thank you as a mother who's noticed that her child is happy. It's quite a beautiful thing that I honestly was scared that I would never experience but I am so glad that it happened. I am so glad that you and this beautiful little girl both have happened to come into my son's life and showing him happiness." She said to me taking me by surprise.

It was something that I really wasn't expecting to hear from her.

"I could say the same thing about him regarding me. He's an amazing person." I said.

She let out a chuckle.

"I'm so glad you think so." She said, giving me a hug. Jelly Bean was in between our hug.

I wrapped my arms around the woman and felt comfortable.

This was definitely a mother hug.

"Thank you, I didn't know I needed to hear that until you said it. Honestly, it is something that just took me off guard but made me really happy. Thank you so much for saying that." I said to her and she let out a chuckle.

Pulling out of the hug and looking at me.

"Of course darling, I mean. I am going to be your other mother, so whenever you need to talk or want to talk to someone I am here for you. Okay, to talk about anything." She said and I nodded my head.

"Okay," I said, smiling.

"What did I miss?" Duke said coming into the kitchen.

"Nothing but a beautiful moment. That's all." She said chuckling.

Duke looked at her playfully and rolled her eyes.

"I think that's something that I definitely would have liked to seen but oh well, everyone should be coming in soon," Duke said.

His mother nodded his head and place some things down on the kitchen counter.

"I can take her from you." I offer. Duke mother smiled and nodded her hand, handing me Jelly Bean who let out a squealed as I took her.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pressed a kiss on Jelly Bean forehead.

Duke offered his mom help and she said could handle the rest, claiming that he's helped her enough.

We walked out of the kitchen and headed towards the living room with Jelly Bean.

"You see, she definitely missed you," Duke said smiling at the both of us.

"I know, she's so cute. I definitely had found myself missing you both today. I couldn't wait to get back here." I said meaning my words.

"Brooke went to stop by to get gifts and some things for the little party. I thought she would have arrived before me but I guess not which has me wondering how much things is she planning to get. Especially seeing how excited her facial expression looked when I showed her a picture of us and Jelly Bean." I said and Duke let out a laugh.

"Oh dear, she's probably is going crazy with the shopping right now. I texted Geneva earlier and she said she stopped by to do a little shopping also." Duke said.

A knock came from the door and we walked towards it to open it.

"Hey we were just talking about you Geneva," I said and she giggled.

"Yeah, sorry I took to long. Got in an argument with some really pretty woman, who's probably mad that I got this last item but oh well." She said shrugging her shoulders.

Walking in with both hands filled with bags.

"Obviously I won but boy was she mad," Geneva said coming further into the living room.

I was about to close the door until I noticed Brooke down the hallway with bags in her hands. She looked mad but her mood changed when she saw me.

"Heyy! Sorry, I'm late. This woman had the nerve to take the last item when she knew I was going to take it myself. Oh, the nerve she had." Brooke said causing my eyes to widen and when she entered the apartment.

Her eyes widen and so did Geneva.

"You!" Brooke said.

"Well, hi pretty mad woman."

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

I love how Duke mother thanks Bernard for coming into Duke lives, it shows acceptance. Acceptance of not only being apart of Duke and Baby Kami lives but accepting that he is. Duke mother obviously likes Bernard.

Oh dear, it seems like Geneva and Brooke had a cross over in the stores! ;) Who would have thought.

What do you Dolls think? Comment your answers below

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu