CH. 51 "Looking for a home."

(Duke Pov)

I've been excited, and it's not easy to hide at all. Every single time I'm with Bernard and Baby Kami, my smile is never hidden. These two have made me so happy. Just being with them is something that I find the most precious thing to me.

It's been a week since I've spoken to Bernard about looking for a home for us, and the fact that Bernard immediately started examining the next day for a home online was something that had my heart feel overwhelmed.

The way he was serious as he showed me each house he found and how he spoke about them to me, to see if it was something that would be okay for the three of us, was something that I just couldn't help myself from smiling.

I felt like I was one of those characters from those tv shows, movies, or books that have finally felt love, and to be honest, it was true.

This was the first person I have ever love.

I mean, I wasn't even gay before this.

"Duke, what do you think of this house?" Bernard asked me.

I looked at his phone to see the house that he was showing me and my eyes widened.

"Woah, it's absolutely beautiful," I said.

"I know that is precisely what I said as well; It's honestly breathtaking. It also has five bedrooms." Bernard said, pointing out the bedrooms to me.

"Woah, that's a nice amount of space," I said.

"It is, especially for growing a family," Bernard said in a soft voice.

I smiled at that, I could feel him staring at me, so I looked up at him.

"Was that weird to say?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"No, not at all. I would like the same." I said, being honest with my words.

Having other children, especially with Bernard, is something I found myself kind of looking forward to in the future.

"Should we go see it?" Bernard asked, smiling at me.

"We can; I would like that. It seems like a nice house." I said to him.

I could see the eagerness written all over his face, so I let out a laugh.

"Okay, I'm going to let the real estate agent that I found that we want to see this house," Bernard said while he was typing on his phone. I already knew that he was most likely shooting a text message to the agent.

"It'll be nice for us to find a place together, it'll have both our touches in it, and we'll be able to decorate it together," I said.

"Exactly, oh, I think I hear Jelly Bean. I'll be right back." Bernard said, heading toward Baby Kami's room.

When Bernard came out with a daze Kami, I let out a snort of laughter from her facial expression.

"You know she looks exactly like you, especially when she has this look on her face from waking up from a good nap," Bernard said, giving me a good smirk.

"I know, my mother has already told me, but I for sure can see how much she looks like me. It makes me happy that she does; she's my mini-me." I said, poking Baby Kami's nose.

I watched as my daughter let out a small giggle.

"She is for sure," Bernard said.

His phone let out a beep, letting him know that he got a text message.