CH. 16 Having dinner with you

Ch. 16 Having dinner with you

(Bernard POV)

We were at a restaurant and the food was amazing.

I was having a great day with Duke and he was making me smile plus laugh throughout the whole dinner we were having together.

"So did you have a good time so far?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I've had an amazing time. Honestly, today was an amazing day." I said and a huge smile appeared on his face.

"That's great, honestly. I'm glad you had such an amazing day because I was quite nervous about this being the first date I've ever been on plus the first date I planned out." He said and my eyes widen at his words.

I felt so special and it felt good feeling that way.

"Well, you did a good job, Duke. Honestly. I'm going to remember this day." I said and he smiled.

"The food is good right?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yes, it's amazing," I said and a waiter came up to us smiling.

"Oh, would you two love to pay compliments to the Chef? This is actually his restaurant and he loves knowing what his customers think of his food." The Waiter asked and I looked to Duke seeing if that was okay.

"Yes, it's fine," He said and the waiter nodded his head, letting us know he was going to get the Chef for us.

"I really like this place a lot," I said, loving the decoration and the art around the restaurant.

"Yes, I do also. Let's make this our place." He said causing me to stare at him with widened eyes.

"You want that?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"Of course. This is a place that I picked and you really like it, plus the food. I'm glad it made you happy and I'm fine making this a place we come to dine in anytime." He said and I felt my heart fluttering.

"Okay," I said softly, hoping that the shyness of my voice didn't show.

Duke gave me a soft smile, a man in a Chef coat approached us with a smile on his face.

"Hello, Gentlemen. I am the Chef who prepared your food and the owner of the Restaurant. My name is Dalton Carvalli and it's a pleasure to meet customers who loved the food I made." He said smiling and I knew the words he said were honest and he meant them.

He was proud of his work.

"Yes, the food was amazing," Duke said and the man smiled.

"Thank you, Sir, I'm glad you enjoyed it." Chef Dalton Carvalli said.

"Honestly, My boyfriend loved it also and wants to come here regularly to dine in," Duke said so Naturally and it took me off guard.

Did he just called me his boyfriend and did he just say it to the Chef?

I wasn't really scared but that didn't mean I wasn't nervous about the Chef reaction.

The Chef smile didn't wavier at all, as he turned and smiled at me.

"Then your boyfriend made a good choice, thank you." He said to me and my eyes widen but I smiled.

These are the type of people I like.

"The decoration and art around the whole restaurant are outstanding and admirable," I said and the Chef's eyes widen with a proud smile if I thought he looked proud before, Well I didn't know what to cool this look.

Maybe prouder.

"Thank you, My Wife Melanie actually design everything in here, including the decoration and the artwork are hers personally." He said causing me and Dalton to be shocked.

"Really?" We asked him and he nodded his head, chuckling.

"Yes, lucky aren't I?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes, they're amazing! Honestly, I am glad that I was brought here I had a good time." I said and the Chef smiled brighten.

"Ah, you were brought here, then you're a very lucky boyfriend to have a boyfriend with good taste." He said smiling at us both.

We both laughed.

"Well, thank you two for dining with us and Please whenever you two come to dine with us again, Call for me, you both are great customers and I will have no problem speaking to you two." He said and we nodded our heads as we waved him off, The Chef smiled happily and headed towards the kitchen.

"I believed we made his day," Duke said and I nodded my head.

"I'm glad that we need, I love doing things like that, that can just simply make someone's day," I said and he laughed.

"Well he did make our day too, he's a nice man and I loved how he reacted to us." He said and I smiled.

Raising a brow at him, his eyes widen and he avoided my eyes looking at anything but me.

"So boyfriend huh?" I asked him and he smiled looking at his drink.

"I mean, you know. It sounds nice and it came out Naturally." He said and I laughed.

"Yeah, it did," I said and he looked at me.

"Yeah?" He asked softly causing my heart to beat.

"Yeah," I said.

He smiled brighter.

The waitress came to us with a cake that looks like it was supposed to be shared with two.

"For you two, a gift from the Chef. He said to new friends!" The Waitress said and we smiled at her, she gave us both a wink, lighting the candle on top of the cake.

"A candle?" I asked and Duke laughed.

"You didn't know the culture of this restaurant? Well, they believe when loved ones meet and start to date that it's counted as a celebration. Sorter like a birthday to the relationship." I said and Duke smiled.

"Wow, really? Okay, they won us over all the way. Well sheesh. Happy birthday to us then." He said and I laughed.

"Is that so?" I asked and he smirked.

Well, the day isn't over. I have another surprise for you. Let's blow the candle." He said and We did.

Enjoying the cake, while laughing and smiling.

I knew one thing for sure, I have fallen for Duke and I was hoping he had Fallen for me as I have for him.

Because there was no way I was going to let him go, or forget about him now.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Did anyone see what I did there? Well if you have read my other stories then you would have seen that Dalton was in this chapter and Melanie was mention from my book "I'm Alive" But how cute are Duke and Bernard? Extra cute and I love how their relationship is going. Can't wait for the surprised that Duke has planned for Bernard that is.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT

XOXO

-Kassandra Vivu