CH: 59 This is one of the best days ever

(Bernard POV)

The blindfold was something that took me off guard, yet I was still excited about whatever it was that Duke had planned for the both of us.

He seemed to have put a lot of effort into it, and I can tell that it's something he is eager for me to see.

During the ride there, we talked about anything our minds thought of, laughing and enjoying each other company.

It always feels nice being able to have conversations like that with Duke; not only were we a couple, but we were best friends as well.

"You know I was extremely nervous about all of this, but it is something that I put a lot of thought into and want tonight to be a memorable night for the both of us. I am still nervous." Duke said, letting out a nervous chuckle.

I felt around for his hand and entwined our fingers together.

"You have nothing to be nervous about; I find it cute that you're nervous, though. You've put much into whatever you have planned, which is very special to me. It makes the night already special for me." I said to Duke, squeezing his hand.

He continued to drive with one hand and held my other hand.

"We will have to take pictures of us during the night as well, as it would be something that I would want to have a memory of and some videos of as well.." I said to him, feeling even more excited about it.

"Anyway, are we there yet?" I said, causing Duke to let out a laugh.

"I love how you've been speaking more casually," Duke said teasingly.

"Oh yeah?" I said.

"Yes, it's very nice whenever you do the switch, that is," Duke said in a low voice.

"Oh, is it?" I asked him, rubbing my thumb on the back of his hand.

"Yes, it is." He said.

"Hmm, you still haven't answered my question, though," I said, which caused Duke to let out another laugh.

"Damn, I guess you caught on, huh?" He asked.

"Of course, you can't trick me," I said.

"We're almost there." He said, squeezing my hand.

My stomach growled, which caused my face to heat up from embarrassment.

"Will there be food there?" I asked Duke. I hope that whatever he had planned for us would have food because I am starving.

"Yes, my love. There will be food there." Duke said. I could tell that he was smiling.

I smiled, not because he said there would be, but because Duke makes me happy. Being with him, loving him, and having a family with him. All of this makes me so excited to be able to experience these things with him.

"We're here. Don't take off your blindfold until I tell you so." Duke said.

"Okay, okay, okay. I got it." I said to him; I heard his car door open and close.

I stayed quiet and didn't move an inch in my seat; Duke came to open my car door and took my hand.

"I'll help you out of the car." He said; I let out a laugh but let him lead me out of the car. He closed the car door behind me and pulled me in a direction.

"So, how long am I going to be blindfolded?" I asked him.

"Not for too long, don't worry." He said.