Ch.7 Was it something I said?

CH.7 Was it something I said?

(Duke POV)

His eyes widen as I asked him a simple question.

"What? you okay? was it something I said?" I asked him

Making my way towards him and hitting his back because his eyes started to water.

"Why did you ask that question?" he asked me as he shrugged my hand off his back.

sheesh, I'm just trying to help. He keeps saying he doesn't hate me but he sure is giving me the vibe like he does.

"Well, I thought it wasn't a big deal of a question to ask. I mean since you're going to be around I don't know how your boyfriend would take it in. Even though I'm straight and all, people sometimes don't like the person they're dating hanging out with other people and not them." I said but for some reason, it felt like that's not the reason why I asked him.

He nodded his head slowly and I moved away from him, making my way towards the sink

I didn't know why but I needed something to occupy my mind, I don't know why but it did bother me that he shrugged my hand off his back.

Why do I even care?

"I don't have a boyfriend," he said and I quickly turned around to look at him.

He was staring at his breakfast and didn't make eye contact with me.

"Ah, that's good," I said which had his head snapping up and squinting his eyes at me.

Before he could get upset, I quickly backed myself up.

"I mean, not good if you're looking for one and all but good because now Baby Kami has both of our attention with no distractions," I said, hoping he didn't take what I said offending. Although I am Baby Kami Father I would like to have him around, not only to help me but also for her.

It's obvious that she likes him. It's obvious that he cares for her and likes her.

"I'll be pretty busy with you guys to do any much of dating anyway. You going to turn off the sink or what?" He told me, staring over my shoulder.

My eyes widen as I turned around, shutting the sink off and making myself a plate of breakfast.

"I mean if there is ever a time you need to go on a date. Do it, we won't stop you. We'll be here after your date anyways. It's not like we're going anywhere." I told him, taking a sip of the orange juice I helped myself too.

"I'm not interested in anyone out there." He said.

I nodded my head.

Letting his words settle in, good. I need help with this kid and I am going to selfishly take it from him. I also don't like the image of someone just staying in Kami life for a little bit, he met Kami the same time I did and she's my daughter. The fact that I didn't even know I had a daughter upset me. I missed her first couple of months, Kami eyes took in both of us, she's been around both of us. She knows both of us as parents.

Me as her Dad, Bernard as her uncle of course.

"You slept good right?" I asked him and he avoided my eyes.

"Yeah, I did. What about you? Did Jellybean give you any trouble?" he asked.

I smiled, he finally looked up at me and gave me a curious look.

"She did wake up and started crying but other than that she is a heavy sleeper," I said to him smiling, I honestly like the cute nickname he had just for her.