CH. 5 My world has Changed

CH. 5 My world has changed

(Duke POV)

I woke up to a loud scream, I jumped out of my bed like the bed was on fire.

I rushed towards the other room to where she was, to where my daughter Kameron was. Baby Kami and who Bernard likes to call her "Jelly Bean"

"It's okay Baby Kami, Daddy is here," I said to her in the crib as I picked her up and her cries instantly stopped as she looked up at me with those identical eyes of my own.

"You're probably wondering who the heck I am huh?" I asked her with a smirk on my face and for some reason, I could have sworn I saw one just like that appear on her face and disappeared.

I laughed it off and noticed her diaper needed to be changed. I changed her diaper, wrapping it up in multiple bags before I placed it in the trashcan in her room. I gave her a bottle of milk, which she drunk gladly and I helped her burp by patting her back. I learned all of these from Bernard.

I needed to brush my teeth and shower.

I look at the time and noticed it was 7:19 am.

I wonder what time Bernard gets up, I felt little hands playing with my neck and I let out a chuckle.

I pulled her up so I could see her face and she gave me a smirk and my eyes widen.
It was the smirk I thought I noticed earlier.

"You're my daughter," I said quietly

Her eyes widen like she couldn't believe I was debating if she was or not.

I laugh at her facial expressions and she started to laugh too.

"Okay, would you like a shower with me and stuff? I promise I will keep you safe." I said to her actually meaning each word that I said.

She touched my face and I took that as a yes.

"Alright showering with Daddy it is then," I said grabbing her Baby Bath products and her towel that we bought for her.

I walked with her to the bathroom, starting the water and getting her ready for her shower.

As I brushed my teeth with her in one arm, I found her staring at the shower with her eyes widen.

Was I really about to walk in the shower with a baby? Yes, Yes I was but it's not like I was going to drop my child.

"My Child," I said out loud to myself, letting it sink in. The fact that I had a kid.

I stared at her after placing my toothbrush down, I sat on the toilet and placed her on my lap, taking off her clothes gently and getting ready to get in the shower with her.

I took off my clothes and held onto her as I got into the shower and let the water run down us both.

She started laughing which took me off guard as I saw her smiling up at the water.

I let out a chuckle. "Yay, we have our own waterfall," I said smiling at her and kissing her forehead.

I instantly felt her small little arms around my neck and my heart clenched.

This was an emotion I've never felt before, This was a bond I always wanted and was planning on never losing.

I was in this little girls life now and I wasn't going anywhere.

whether she likes it or not, her Dad was going to be stuck with her.

I looked at her and gave her look, which received an innocent look from her back.