CH. 46 My mother is here

(Bernard POV)

My mother is in the city, what could be the reason why?

I told Duke that I was going to work, but I didn't go to work. I had other plans, and I was glad that I got through them before he called me about my mother and that she's here.

Now I was rushing; I was in the elevator and on my way to Duke's apartment.

My mom is here.

I walked towards Duke apartment and opened the door; there in the living room was my mother on the couch, drinking out of a mug.

"Mom," I said, closing the door and making my way to her.

"Bernard." She said, standing up.

I pulled my mother into my arms.

"Mom. I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too; I miss you very much. Bernard, you've got taller." My mother said, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

My mom would always say I've got taller in the mornings when she would see me back home.

"I probably did, mom," I said, chuckling.

I pulled back and looked at her, wiping the tears away.

"Mom, why are you here?" I asked her.

She let out a sigh.

"I'm leaving your father, and I'm planning on taking your little sisters and brothers with me." My mother said.

My eyes widened.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"He was having an affair. Could you believe that? He had you disowned from the land, and here this whole time, he was having an affair." My mother said, shaking her head.

She let out a laugh, but there was no humor to it, my mother was hurt.

"So, I'm leaving him, taking the kids as well." My mother said.

"Who, who was he having an affair with? Come on, mom, have a seat." I said.

"Carol." She said, sitting down.

My eyes widened.

"Carol. As in Benedict's mother?" I said.

My mother nodded her head and laughed again.

I turned to look at Duke, who had Jelly Bean on his lap and staring at us.

"Sorry, Duke. This is my mother, Mariana. Mom, this is the man I love Duke, and Jelly Bean, who's name is Kameron." I said, and my mom smiled.

"Ah, yes. I've figured. I'm happy you're happy, Bernard." She said.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I can't believe this happened." I said.

"Oh, I haven't even finished telling you the story. Carol is pregnant." My mother said.

My mouth dropped open.

"Everyone knows not, the shame it has brought, and I was already on thin lines with that man, so this was just the kick I needed." My mother said.

I turned to look at Duke, knowing he didn't want to intrigue, but he was probably wondering who those people are.

"Carol is Benedict's mom. The friend I told you who outed me." I said, and Duke's eyes widened.

"It looks like my Dad was having an affair with the guy I had a crush on mom, same guy who outed me out. Wow, this is just something else. Where are the kids?" I asked my mother.

"They're in a hotel I manage to get for them. I had to get some help along the way, but you know Klein is the second big brother now." My mom said with an amusing tone.

I smiled at that.

Klein always wanted to be like me. I miss them.

"Which hotel mom, you all can stay in my apartment. You don't need to stay in a hotel." I said, and my mom nodded her head.

"I just don't want to be a bother, and I don't know how this all will play out." She said, and I shook my head.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out, and you can never be a bother," I said to my mother.

"You're a wonderful mother, don't forget that," I said and I wiped more tears away.

"I'm so glad you're here where you can be happy." She said.

"I am happy very much, and thank you," I said, hugging her.

I stood up and turned to Duke.

"I'll be back; I'm going to go with my mom to get my brothers and sisters and come back here, okay. So you can meet them as well." I said to Duke, and he nodded his head.

"Mom, could you wait for me upfront, please?" I asked my mother, and she nodded her head smiling, she went up to Duke and gave him a quick hug, saying he'll see him in an hour.

My mom went outside the apartment.

I walked to Duke and kissed him.

"Thank you for making her feel comfortable," I said, and he pulled back to look at me.

"Of course, Bernard. She's family, and she's your mother. I would always make her feel comfortable." He said, and I nodded my head.

"I'm sorry this is happening, wow. I don't even know what to say." He said, and I nodded my head.

"Believe me, neither do I, and I can't believe it either. It's just a lot. The fact that my father was doing this behind my mother's back, with someone in the community. Going against their beliefs while he made me feel the way he felt when he said those hurtful words to me, knowing that he was doing something like that." I said, and I felt Duke's fingers brush my face.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay. We'll talk about it later, go take your mom to get your siblings and come back safe to me okay?" Duke said, and I nodded my head, kissing him again.

I pressed a kiss on Jelly Bean forehead, who let out a giggle.

"Love you both; I'll be back," I said, waving and leaving the apartment.

"Alright mom, let's go get the kids and get you all comfortable in my apartment," I said, and my mom nodded her head as she followed me, while we made our way to the elevator, someone came out and looked at my mom weirdly.

"Should we also probably change our clothes as well?" My mother asked.

"Only if you want, mom," I said, entering the elevator with her.

"Okay, I would like to change my clothes." She said, and I smiled.

"That sounds fine, mom we can do that," I said to her.

"I'm happy you're here, just not the circumstances of you being here," I said to her, and she nodded her head.

"I'm happy I'm here too. I miss my brother and you." She said, and I smiled.

"I miss you too, mom."

(*Kassandra speaks*)

Bernard Mom is in town!!!

If you're not following me on Wattpad, that means you're not part of the Doll family and Honey, what are you doing? You better click that follow button because you're missing out!!!!! I mean, you've read up to here, so you must like the story, so why not follow the person who made it?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!!

Check out my PODCAST!!!!! Link in Bio

Subscribe to my personal YOUTUBE Link in BIO

Subscribe to Madam Hell YOUTUBE, link in bio, make sure to comment that I sent you! :)s

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu