CH. 22 I just didn't care

Ch. 22 I just didn't care

(Duke POV)

We were in Baby Kami room, playing around with her.

She looked like she was having fun with the book of us and my heart clenched on the fact that her mother gave her up just like that.

I was feeling upset now, on the fact that I missed Kami's birth, that I missed a couple of things but I got her now.

She was with me now, but there's one thing for sure. That woman will never see Baby Kami again.

"We'll need to get in contact with your lawyer, so a judge can sign off on Baby Kami has nothing to do with that woman. With that woman giving up her rights, I don't want her trying to come back into Baby Kami life at all what so ever." I said, Bernard looked at me and nodded his head.

"That's okay, that's completely something I understand that needs to be done and tomorrow when I get to work, that will be on top of my list." He said I smiled at him.

I watched as Baby Kami kept clapping her hands and making baby noises, she laid on the floor.

"What is she doing?" I asked watching her, she had a goofy expression on her face.

What had me dropping my mouth open is that she started to crawl.

"Oh My God, Bernard, give me your phone," I said, Bernard was also shocked but handed me his phone and I started filming her crawling, falling from time to time but still crawling.

"Oh My God, oh my God. She's crawling." I said Bernard let out a laugh.

"Yes. I can see that and I am definitely shocked here with you." He said. she sat back and laughed clapping her hands.

"What a smart baby, who's my smart baby. Who's my smart baby." I said poking her cheeks.

She giggled.

She grabbed my finger and put it in her nose.

Bernard burst out laughing.

Leading Baby Kami to burst out laughing also.

"Oh Wow, thanks. Thanks a lot for that." I said smiling at her.

She definitely gets her goofiness from me. All the way.

"Honestly, she is the cutest little baby ever," Bernard said laying on the floor next to Baby Kami.

Who instantly put her hand on his face.

I laughed.

"Yeah, she is. I'm inviting my mom and Geneva tomorrow, you should invite your assistant and friend Brooks. I think it will be cool for Baby Kami to be surrounded by more ladies. I'll also invite Aunt Gloria." I said Bernard smiled at me.

"It's cute that you call her Aunt Gloria also." He said and I playfully rolled her eyes.

"Well, if she's your Aunt then she's my Aunt," I said, his eyes widened.

"That's fine with me, right Jelly Bean," Bernard asked and Baby Kami answered with her baby noises.

"She knows when we're talking to her. I swear she is the Cutest Baby Ever. Definitely, I'm taking charge of getting the lawyer on this and getting it signed off by a Judge as soon as I get to work tomorrow Morning, protecting Jelly Bean at all cost is very important to me." He said making my heart tugged.

"That was sweet," I said, he smiled. Playing with Baby Kami hair.

"Well, it's the truth." He said I nodded my head.