CH. 33 He feels the same

(Duke POV)

He loves me, he loves me back and I just couldn't believe it.

Bernard feels the same way that I feel about him, that makes me so happy.

He makes me so happy.

"You look really happy." He said looking at me.

We were cuddled up next to each other and I smiled at him.

"That's because I am," I said, cuddling my body closer to his.

I felt his hand rubbing my back.

"Good, I really am glad that you're." He said and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was smiling.

The fact that he was smiling because of that just caused me to feel even happier.

"I'm happy also, and my face is honestly really hot right now. When you were telling me that you love me, it instantly started getting hot, my heart was leaping and I felt this giddiness feeling inside me. I was honestly looking forward to those words. I wasn't sure if you would have felt the same way about me if I had expressed my feelings for you in that way. I was even scared that you weren't ready for them but now that I know that you feel the same way. It's an amazing feeling, it's a relief also. Knowing that the person you love loves you back" Bernard said.

I rubbed my thumb on his cheek.

"So, we are officially together," I said. Watching his face start to turn pink.

"Yes." He said and I smiled.

"We are in a relationship, we are boyfriends all the way now," I said.

He played with the necklace on my neck.

"Yes, we are." He said.

"Mmm, I love you," I said pressing a kiss on his lips.

I felt him smile against my lip and he kissed me back.

"I love you too. It makes me happy that you want me apart of your family." He said.

I shook my head.

"Our family, I'm serious," I said, wanting him to have no doubt in his head.

He let out a chuckle, which caused my stomach to flutter.

"You're right, our family. With our family that's a combination of friends, loved ones and our little girl." He said.

He pressed a kiss on my forehead.

I would never have thought I would feel like this with anyone, I never thought I would even experience this whole love thing.

This is probably what people would call a blessing or a miracle that comes in disguise because I wasn't expecting any of this.

I wasn't expecting to experience these at all but yet here I am now experiencing things that I wouldn't go out and cause myself.

I have new friends, new people in my life, I am a father and I am a significant other to someone.

These were gifts that I wasn't looking for but now that I have them, I will treasure them forever.

"My mom really likes you," I said to Bernard.

"I'm happy she does, your mom is a nice woman." He said to me, although the tone was soft-spoken. I still heard the sadness in it.

I debated asking the question that was going around in my head.

I let out a sigh. "Can I ask you a question and if it makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to answer it," I said to him, he raised a brow.

"You can ask me anything." He said, and I stared at him to see if he was being honest with his words.

When I didn't see his expression tell me anything else. I proceeded with the question.

"What's your family like?" I asked him softly.

His eyes widened, he probably wasn't expecting me to ask him that question.

"My family is very different. As you know, they're Amish. They live in Ohio, they're the basic Amish family and have their ways of living and beliefs. My parents were the basic Amish couple. We never used electricity, I never even knew electricity existed until I sought out to find my uncle." He said which caused my eyes to widen.

He let out a laugh.

"Yeah, so it took a lot for me to learn. Especially when I first found out about most of the things you probably grew up knowing. I didn't even know what cartoons were, our toys weren't even allowed to have faces." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously.

"My sister had Dolls, but none of them had faces. As in the dolls were faceless." He said.

"Wow, that's weird. That's also kind of creepy" I said.

He laughed. "To them, the Doll having a face was creepy." I knew my eyes widened at that but he laughed it off.

"We also never drink alcohol, so I had to learn how to drink it when I came to stay with my uncle. It wasn't easy and I don't have so much of a tasting for it, but I'll have it based on the setting." He told me.

I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Hmm, tell me more about your old lifestyle and about you," I asked him as I continued playing with his hair.

He tilted his head, his eyes fluttering letting me know he likes what I was doing. I scratch his head for him which got a pleasing hmm from him.

I laid down next to him as he told me about how life was growing up, about some of the things he didn't mind about being Amish and some of the things that had caused him to be angered about being Amish. He told me about his favorite home-cooked food that he enjoyed and as he described the food I took note of it and told myself that I would look at all his favorite food on the internet.

The internet will come in handy with this.

As we continued talking, learning more about him and laughing at things I pointed out.

We both let sleep overtake us.

I fell asleep smiling on his chest, feeling comfortable and surrounded by love.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

I love that Duke is patient with learning about Bernard and how he asked Bernard permission on learning about him. These two are amazing together and I adore them as a couple.

Do you Dolls think Bernard gets homesick?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu