CH. 36 Things need to stay good

(Bernard POV)

Duke took me off guard with breakfast, I felt special throughout the whole entire time we sat there together as a family and ate breakfast with each other.

I spent the morning with him, then went to my place so I could get dressed for work.

I'm so happy right now, so happy indeed.

I just couldn't help it, I felt all happy inside.

I walked into the building, entering the elevator with a smile on my face.

When I made it to my floor and got out, I walked passed everyone telling them good morning, it was when I walked passed Brook who widened her eyes looking at me that I felt my face get hot.

She instantly smiled and rushed me into my office.

She closed the door behind us and turned around facing me.

"You're cheesey and glowing, spill it." She said and I actually did.

I told her that Duke and I actually were intimate for the first time, that I was intimate with anyone for the first time yesterday. I told her that Duke told me he loves me and that he made me an Amish Breakfast.

I watched as her eyes widened even more.

"Bernard that is amazing, now I see why you're smiling so hard. I'm so happy for you!" She said giving me a hug.

I hugged her back. It was nice having friends to tell your feelings to.

"Thank you so much and thank you for coming over our little party, it meant a lot having you as my friend there," I said and she smiled at me.

"Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world." She said.

I smiled at that.

"Even though you came there upset," I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

"That woman irked me." She said and I raised a brow to that.

"What exactly happened?" I asked her.

I stood there as she told me everything and I tried hard to not laugh at the way I imagine what happened between them.

"Well, on the bright side. You both have great taste in gifts and the gift went to the person who you both were planning on getting it for." I said pointing out.

I watched as Brook let out a breath.

"You're right about that, it was just something about her that bothered me." She said.

I tilted my head.

"Maybe she made you feel something," I suggested.

Brooks looked up at me and then laughed.

"Yeah no. Nope, no way." She said already knowing what I was hinting at.

"Anyway, Duke is amazing and I could see the way you look at him, he'll the way you two look at each other is definitely something that is something romance movies can't even master," Brooks said causing me to blush, I was sure of it.

"Wow, I've never seen you blush that much until now." She said letting out a chuckle.

"Okay, I'm just really happy right now. I have a lot of feelings for him and it's just crazy but beautiful at the same time how this happened." I said and she nodded agreeing to that.

"That baby brought you two together, she literally caused her own family, because if it wasn't for her, none of us would have come together that day and we wouldn't be socializing at all." She said and I agreed with that, because if I wasn't bothered with the whole Duke thing then I would have never bothered having a relationship with Brooks if Jelly Bean didn't enter our life a lot of opportunities would be missed.

"I know, you're right about that. Alright, let's get to work." I said and she let out a laugh.

"Okay, love bird. Let me tell you your schedule for today." She told me.

Worked wasn't a lot today and I got the things that I wanted to be done, done so that was good.

Brooks and I were walking towards the parking garage.

My phone dinged letting me know I got a text message and I smiled when I saw who it was from.

"Is it from Duke?" Brooks asked with a smirk.

I laughed.

"No, it's actually from Geneva, she's out shopping and sent me a pic of her holding this cute baby outfit and asked what I thought of it," I said showing Brooks the phone.

Brooks's eyes widened.

"That outfit is pretty cute." She said and agreed to look at my phone.

"Oh wow, look there's a Jelly Bean outfit in the aisle of clothes she's in, I should tell her to get that one as well. That would look great on Jelly Bean." I said and before I typed my messaged Brooks hand came up to touch my phone.

"No, don't do that. Ask her what store she's in." Brooks said.

"Well, okay?" I said texting Geneva what store was she in.

Geneva instantly texted me back and another outfit, that was also cute but not the Jelly Bean one.

"This one is cute too," I said showing Brooks.

Whose eyes widened.

"Oh, she's in that store. Okay, I'm going to that store. Talk to you later." She said walking away from me, causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait, why?" I asked her walking behind her since we parked right next to each other.

"Isn't it obvious, to get the Jelly Bean outfit of course." She said.

"Brooks, this isn't a competition," I said laughing.

"Oh, it isn't but at the same time, it is. We'll see who becomes Kameron's favorite Auntie." She said getting in her car and drove off.

"Oh gosh," I said shaking my head.

"Good luck." I texted Geneva who texted me the confused Emoji.

Those two women were going to spoil Jelly Bean.

Two girly females fighting over the place of being Jelly Bean's favorite Aunt.

I laughed as I got in my car.

I drove home.

I knocked on Duke's door and he opened the door smiling at me.

"Welcome home handsome." He said, opening the door for me so I could get in.

I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi Baby, I'm home."

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

These two are so cute together, aw I adore them. I can't wait for the next chapter. Also oh oh! Geneva and Brooks are in a competition but not in a competition, Lol. I don't think Baby Kami would care about ranks, she would love her Aunts equally but we'll see.

Hope you all are loving this story, because I am.

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu