CH. 50 Things are coming together

(Bernard POV)

Duke and I finished making dinner, and the kitchen smelled amazing. The apartment was filled with the family talking amongst each other and getting along well.

Duke's mom had arrived while we were cooking, and we had taken the time to introduce her to my mother and my siblings, who she hadn't met yet.

Duke's mother immediately bonded with my mother, which brought warmth to me. Especially hearing my mothers laugh as Duke and I were in the kitchen.

"It seems like our mothers are getting along," I said, and Duke nodded his head with a soft smile.

"Yeah, I'm glad, but my mom is a lovely person, and she is always someone who tries to understand everyone's point of view and situations that other people have," Duke said.

I nodded my head, understanding what he meant by that.

I had noticed it when she found out about Jelly beans and also when she met me for the first time. There was for sure nothing that could have been gone past this woman.

The doorbell rang, and I knew for sure that it had to be one of the girls.

Duke and I made our way to the front door and opened it; it was both Geneva and Brooks who were standing side by side next to each other. It took me by surprise that they arrived together, but I realize that it wasn't the case; they probably bumped into each other when they were coming here.

"Aw, you two came with each other," Duke said, in a teasing way causing both girls to roll their eyes.

"Nope, we happened to have bumped into each other when she called to stop the elevator. If I knew it was her-" Brooks said but didn't finish her sentence.

"She would have not stopped the elevator at all, whatsoever," Geneva said smiling.

Duke let out a small chuckle.

"Wow, you two are something else. Well, I'm glad you both are here. Come on in." Duke said.

We both moved to the side, and I noticed that Geneva let Brooks go before her.

I smiled to myself.

Geneva was polite, and although she likes to pick on Brooks, she is respectful to her.

"By the way, let me introduce you two to my family," I said to them as we walked towards my siblings and my mother, who was next to Duke's mom, my uncle, and aunt.

I introduced the girls to my mother and my siblings, who they called adorably and immediately wanted to squeeze their cheeks.

We all sat down for dinner and ate in a relaxing conversation that no one had a problem joining in, including the kids, which I found surprising.

This was honestly going well. I wanted to have dinners like this with everyone from time to time, it just felt like we were all a big family, and that's exactly what we were.

Jelly Beans was getting fed, and she was pleased about it too; of course, she was just getting little soft food put in her mouth, but the way her eyes widened each time from being fed, it was like she was fed food personally from the Gods.

Every single time I spend with them, I see a lot of Duke in Jelly Beans. Especially when she smiles, that's for sure her Dad smile.

"We should do this more often," Duke said.

"I was honestly thinking the same thing." Aunt Gloria said.

"I agree with that, and I also was thinking the same thing too; it is nice having dinner with you all," I said.