CH. 45 I want you to stay

(Duke POV)

I meant what I said when I asked Bernard to adopt baby Kami, that's the thing I don't see an end when it comes to Bernard and me.

I want this forever, I want to wake up to him, I want to go asleep with him next to me, I want to raise Baby Kami together, and I want more children with him.

I was in love with him.

I never felt this way before, and I damn well wanted to keep this feeling, this right here was something good, and I was never going to let it go.

The police report was filed, and she was even being sued for trespassing as well; she had no right to be in the apartment building. She wasn't a resident.

Bernard's family had a good lawyer, and that was the one who was handling it.

Bernard has been putting me at ease as well; I was sitting on my couch with Baby Kami while Bernard was at work.

I was on my laptop, looking at houses.

It's been on my mind lately, but I wanted to purchase a house and make it a home.

Now that I have a daughter and a significant other, it was giving me that push to do so.

A knock came from my door.

I hesitated as I got up with Baby Kami in my hand.

I walked towards the door and looked into a peephole.

A woman was standing in front of the door. I kept the safety lock on and opened the door.

Her eyes widened.

"Oh, sorry. I have the wrong apartment." She said her voice sounded mellow, and she had an accent as she moved to Bernards's apartment.

"I'm sorry, who are you looking for?" I called out to the woman.

Her clothing gave her out.

She turned to me.

"Bernard, I got the numbers mixed up. I apologize." She said, wiping her hands on her skirt.

"He's at work," I said, eying the woman careful. If my guess was right, I think I know who she is.

"Oh. I'll have to find my brother then." She said.

"You're Bernards; mother, aren't you?" I asked her, and her eyes widened as she nodded her head.

"Yes." She said.

"You can come in here, I'll call him for you," I said.

She hesitated.

"I won't hurt you," I said.

"Okay." She said, coming towards the door and I opened the door, her eyes widened again when she saw Baby Kami in my arms.

"Oh, she's beautiful." She said.

I smiled.

"Thank you, please come in and have a seat," I said, and I lead her to the living room, where she sat on the couch.

"You and my son are friends or together?" She asked.

I didn't know how to answer her, so I just went with the truth.

"We are together," I said, and she nodded her head.

"Is he happy?" She asked me, I smiled.

"Yes, he is," I said.

"Good." She said a soft smiled appeared on her face.

"Can I get you some tea?" I asked her.

"Yes, please. Thank you, dear." She said, and I made my way in the kitchen.

Baby Kami was staring at Bernards's mom with a curious expression on her face.

I walked into the kitchen. Putting water in the kettle and taking out my phone to call Bernard.

"Hi, Baby," Bernard said on the other side of the phone, just hearing him say that made my heart leap.

Even things like this made me feel special.

"Hi, Love. I think you should come home." I said.

"Why? Did something?" He asked in a worried tone.

"No, nothing bad. Your mother, she's here." I said.

Silence filled the phone, and I almost thought Bernard hung up until he spoke.

"I'm on my way. I love you. Bye." He said, hanging up the phone.

I poured the tea in a mug and brought it out to his mom, who didn't move an inch from her position she was in before.

It was like she was paused and was ready for me to come back to press play.

"Here is your tea," I said, placing the mug in front of her.

She smiled.

"Thank you very much; you're kind." She said to me.

"Thank you. How was your travel with getting here?" I asked her.

"Ah, well. It sure was interesting. The whole travel here, I had to ask around, and people were kind. I've known the Amish lifestyle since birth, so all of this was something that I was not familiar with, but that's okay." She said.

I couldn't believe this was Bernards, mother right here.

I don't know how Bernard was going to deal with all of this.

I don't know how his mood will be when he's in here but from what he's told me.

It doesn't seem like he and his mother are on bad terms.

I wasn't going to say anything about Bernard, though; I am just going to wait for him to get here so he can talk to his mother.

This was a family affair, and as much as I love Bernard and know him, baby Kami and I were families.

This was his family, and he would want to deal with this on his own.

"This is your daughter, right?" Bernard Mother asked me.

"Yes, she is. I'm sorry. My name is Duke." I said, and she smiled.

"Mariana. Nice to meet you, ah, she looks like you. Even have your hair color and eyes, she's beautiful. Bernard loves kids, so I'm glad she's met you two." She said, taking a sip of her tea. Her eyes widened.

"This is good." She said, taking another sip.

"Thank you for what you said. Are you planning on visiting for long, Bernard will be here soon." I asked her, curious to know if this was a quick visit.

"Well, it's quite a long story." She said with a small smile.

"I guess we'll see." She said, and I nodded my head.

Yes, this was a family affair for sure.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Bernard's mom is here! Oh my! What do you Dolls think she's here for?

If you're not following me on Wattpad, that means you're not part of the Doll family and Honey, what are you doing? You better click that follow button because you're missing out!!!!! I mean, you've read up to here, so you must like the story, so why not follow the person who made it?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!!!!!!

Check out my PODCAST!!!!! Link in Bio

Subscribe to my personal YOUTUBE Link in BIO

Subscribe to Madam Hell YOUTUBE, link in bio, make sure to comment that I sent you! :)s

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu