Ch. 3 Well, you're here

CH. 3 Well, you're here

(DUKE POV)

I sat across him as we started eating, he wasn't a bad dude.

Maybe that was his personality, I mean it did take me by a shock that he is gay, I wasn't expecting that but now I know what he meant when he said 'I don't attract his type or whatever' I think I'm good looking enough for gay guys to find me attractive.

Wait for what?

what the heck am I even thinking about, I look up at him to find him enjoying his meal.

"Did you not eat today....?" I asked him and he looked up at me. At first, I thought I saw a moment of shyness but it disappeared as if it never was there in the first place.

Did I picture it?

"To be honest I only had a sandwich today." He said and I let out a laugh.

"Then you didn't eat, did you forget to make yourself lunch or something?" I asked him finishing my food.

He stared at me in confusion and I didn't understand why until he responded by saying "The sandwich was me making lunch."

I couldn't believe it and there was no need to question it, he was basically telling the truth by the look he was giving me.

"What kind of sandwich was it?" and I don't know why I ALREADY knew what the answer would be, but we said it at the same time

"Peanut butter and jelly" I laughed and he looked embarrassed.

I stared at him, a weird feeling came out of nowhere as If I wanted to do something about that. about that look, maybe it's because he's have helped me so much.

"How about I make your food, like Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner," I asked, not even really asking I've already made up my mind that I was going to.

"You don't have to do that." He said and I rolled my eyes, grabbing my plate and his and walking away.

"Yes I do, I honestly need you alive right now and eating like that isn't going to keep you alive. so you're going to have my cooking and don't worry I can actually cook."

I said grinning. It would actually be pretty cool to cook for someone else other than me.

He looks like he was going to say something that I didn't want to hear, he didn't have to protest like seriously didn't.

"Seriously, Don't worry about it. Honestly, I would love for someone else to taste my cooking beside me." I said as I continued walking towards the kitchens with our plates.

"Okay, that's cool. Not much of a cook. I usually eat take out or T.V food so it would be nice to have a home cook meal." He said and I started washing the dishes.

I never cooked for anyone besides my mom and she always praises my cooking.

"Did you like the pasta?" I asked him as I continue to wash the dishes.

"Best thing I've ever had." He said and my face felt like it was getting hot.

I didn't understand why so I'm assuming I'm coming up with something, maybe it's the stressed from getting the news of having a daughter.

After I was done washing the dishes I turned around to find him standing across the counter already staring at me.

a strange feeling came across me and I avoided it.

"So today was a weird day for the both of us," I said chuckling at the end.

"Tell me about, I came home to a baby in front of my neighbor's door. But Jelly bean is adorable, you'll get used to having a daughter and you two will be bonding in no time." He said and I smiled.