CH: 60 Don't be nervous

(Duke POV)

I am on my knee, asking Bernard to marry me. I never thought that I would ever in my whole life ask someone to marry me. Many things have happened that turned my life around. I never thought I would fall in love, and I never thought I would have a child. I never thought I would want a relationship and be okay with not sleeping with multiple people. The thought of cheating on Bernard or sleeping with anyone else disgusts me. The idea of anyone touching Bernard in any way sexually angers me.

I don't want him with anyone else but me, and I don't want to be with anyone else but him.

How much my life has changed after certain events blow my mind, but I needed that change. After all, I am far way happier with the changes that occurred.

I looked at Bernard before me; his stunned expression made me want to chuckle, but I held it in. He was not expecting that.

I took him by surprise, for sure.

"Duke." Bernard started to say, but I took his hand.

"Will you say yes?" I asked him.

"Of course, I will say yes. I love you. I love you so much, wow. This is amazing." He said as I slid the engagement ring onto his finger.

I could feel myself smiling as I looked at Bernard, who was stunned.

"I have to get you a ring." He said with wide eyes.

I let out a laugh and stood up.

"Duke." He said, staring at me with a loving expression.

"Be careful with how you're looking at me," I told him in a low voice.

A flushed look appeared on Bernards's face.

"I wasn't expecting any of this." He said, looking down at his hand.

"Good, you were not suppose to expect any of this at all. It is a surprise for a reason." I said to him, smiling as he continued to look at the ring with awe.

"You want me?" Bernard asked, moving his stare from the ring and directing it to me.

"Yes, I want you, forever," I said in a severe tone.

"You've made me extremely happy ever since you came into my life. Ever since you and our daughter came into my life, I love you both, and I can't see a life without you, without you helping me raise the sweetest little girl." I said, smiling.

Bernard stared at me; it was wild that I could see the emotion written all over his face; this man adores me.

I stood and moved towards him, pulling his face close to mine.

"I love you," I said before I kissed him.

I could feel Bernard smiling against my lips as he kissed me back eagerly.

We were both smiling at this point.

He pulled back and looked at me.

"You're amazing you know that." He said, looking around and then looking back at me.

"I'm so happy." He said.

My heart leaped at how cute his facial expressions were.

"I'm happy too. Let's head home. Don't worry, someone is going to clear this up for us." I said to him.

"Okay." He said as I took his hand.

"When we get home, I want to top." He said, causing my face to get heated.