CH. 26 Thank you for the gift

(Duke POV)

"Look at you with your blushing face." My mom said smirking at me.

I held the urge to roll my eyes.

She smiled at me. "I've never seen you this way Duke, this is nice to see. It really is, I'm happy that you found someone you're interested in and who's also interested in you. Who likes you." She said, I looked at my mother and found honesty being shown with the facial expression she was making.

I smiled.

I could tell that my mother was really happy for me right now, it made me smile to see that she was at ease with the relationship that I was in and I honestly could see why she was happy.

Her only child has actually been able to say that he's found someone right now that is making him happy.

"Thanks, Mom, I'm happy too," I said to her and she smiled.

"Baby Kami is so adorable also, ugh look how cute she is." My Mother said kissing Baby Kami cheek her gave my mother a goofy smirk.

I told my Mother everything that Bernard told me and she smiled feeling even more thrilled about the news.

"Good because that was something that I was really worried about." She said causing me to nod my head because it was something worth to be worried about.

"I assumed when he gets home he'll tell you more about it?" She asked me and I nodded my head, letting her know that he would.

"Good, we'll let's finish everything up for this little party you're throwing." She said and I let out a chuckle.

"You have friends, this is really good." She said making her way to the kitchen.

I stood there for a second, letting her words settle in. My Mother was right, I have friends now.

I didn't have friends before, as strange as it might sound me having to have been a womanizer. It was fine calling myself that because that's what I was.

I didn't bother having friends, I had people that would try to be my friend before, even in school while growing up but I wouldn't get close to them or even bothered being their friends. I didn't see the need for being their friend.

What was the point? I would ask myself.

It wasn't like anyone would actually be able to understand me or the things that I felt like I was going through. So I just didn't see the point of making friends or even bother keeping them.

It took encountering Bernard to see that having friends wasn't something bad, being able to have someone to talk to and help you out was also something nice to have around.

I walked towards the Kitchen to help my Mom, Baby Kami coming into my life also helped with that also.

Making friends, improving my relationship with my mother and helping me find an actual relationship also.

Who knew that a daughter that I wasn't planning on having or even knew I had would have had a huge impact on my life.

I was looking at Kami, it was like she felt my stare and she turned her little head to look at me.

She gave me a smile which made my heart leap.

I have a daughter.

I will protect this little girl with my life, I will keep her safe and be there for her no matter what.

Whenever she needs me, I'll be there.

This little girl right here is my angel and she doesn't even know it.