CH. 42 Get Out!

Ch. 42 Get OUT!

(Bernard POV)

I woke up to Duke in my arms; he was fast asleep. I watched his chest rise and fall, last night between us was amazing, and I am looking forward to the beautiful future I will have with Duke and Jelly Bean.

With my family and friends.

I gently pulled myself away from Duke's arms, not wanting to wake him up, especially seeing that he looked so peaceful while sleeping.

As I started walking away, I could feel the pain making its way to my back, and I tried to avoid it, it was painful but what happened last night was so worth it.

I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a quick shower.

When I exited the bathroom, it surprised me that Duke was still sleeping.

He was exhausted, I mean. Once I was in him, I really couldn't leave him alone, and the moans that were coming from him drove me crazy.

I walked towards Jelly Bean's room and found her up already, she was sitting in her crib playing with one of her stuff animals we got her.

I stared at her as she continued playing with it.

The fact that she was a soothing baby was surprising; she doesn't cry unless something is wrong, and when she's hungry or tired or needs to be changed. She'll let out a small whimper.

I walked towards her, watching her eyes widened, and her stretching her arms out to me made my heart tugged.

"Good morning Princess Jelly Bean, I hope you slept well," I said, picking her up and giving her kisses, she lets out some giggles.

I smiled at her; Jelly Bean was another person life I was planning on never leaving.

"Let's go make Daddy breakfast," I said to her; we walked out of her room.

We were going to head to the kitchen until a knock was heard from the door.

I looked at Jelly Bean, and she looked at me.

"Were you expecting someone?" I asked her.

Another knock came from the door, and I made my way to the door with Jelly bean in my arms.

I looked at the peephole but didn't see anyone; I left the safety lock on the door as I opened it to see who it was.

I saw it was a woman.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

Her eyes widened, looking at me and back at the door.

She must have had the wrong address.

"Is Duke here?" She asked.

Or she didn't.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Is he here or not?" She asked, a sense of attitude found in her voice.

I raised a brow, going to say something when I felt a hand on my back.

I turned to find Duke next to me.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked me, peering through the door.

"Uh, can I help you?" Duke asked.

The woman stilled, she shook her head and let out a humorless laugh.

Jelly Bean wiggled in my arms; she looks like she didn't want to be near the door.

"Figures, your such a man whore that you wouldn't remember who I was." She said in a nasty tone.

"Where's the baby?" She asked.