CH. 43 She has no rights

(Duke POV)

I was furious; what just happened this morning angered me.

The police were here, and we gave them a report.

They immediately told us to get a restraining against and the fact that I had to look on Baby Kami's birth certificate because I honestly didn't know that woman's name just proved I didn't give a fuck about her.

The fact that she had my daughter feeling this way angered me.

Baby Kami is a happy baby; she doesn't get this way at all.

"She can't do anything, especially if you two have custody of your baby girl. There's no way she's going to get her; we'll follow up on this. Keep your daughter safe." The officer told us.

"Thank you, Officer Andrew," I said, and he nodded his head.

"Anytime. Here's my card, you two. Do what you have to do, I'll help as well." He said.

Relief filled me.

"Thank you, that means a lot," I said.

Bernard nodded his head and agreed.

"Of course, from what you both told me it's disgusting of her to do this. She won't win. Just watch your surroundings because she sounds crazy, I'll be in touch with you two as I have your number and you have mine." He said, giving us both a smile and leaving.

I close the door behind him and let out a sigh.

Baby Kami was calm now, as she held onto me.

I had taken her from Bernard because I wanted to hold her as well.

I rubbed my hand on her back and kissed her forehead.

I was saying sweet words to her.

Bernard pulled her and me into his arms.

He kissed us both on the forehead.

"I'm not going to let anything happened, I already spoke to my lawyer, and he's handling everything. Besides, she can't take Jelly Bean from us." He said, and I nodded my head.

"Let's tell our family and friends what happened; we need as much support we can get." He said.

"Yes, agree. I'm going to call my mom and tell her." I said.

I took my phone out from my pocket and called my mom, telling her everything.

The worried in her voice was made known to both Bernard and me.

She told us that she was on her way.

Bernard told his Aunt and Uncle, plus the girls who said that they were on their way as well.

"I still want to keep the plans with the guys and Jelly Bean, we won't let this woman ruin our plans," Bernard said.

"I want Baby Kami with us for sure," I said, and he nodded his head.

"Ugh, Jelly Bean, and I was going to make you some breakfast," Bernard said.

"That's why we were up, didn't want to wake you, and wanted it to be surprised," Bernard said, my heart tugged at the look on his face.

"I'm sorry, baby," I said.

He smiled, he shook his head.

"I can still make us breakfast, have a seat, and don't worry, your beautiful mind." He said, making me smile.