Ch. 14 The Date

CH. 14  The Date

(Bernard POV)

Today was the day.

The day that I am going on a date with him. With Duke and I. I was nervous.

I didn't even know what to wear.

I didn't want to overdress and I definitely didn't want to underdress.

I wasn't going to call my aunt or uncle for help because Duke was dropping Jellybean off at their place and I didn't want him to know that I was nervous.

So of course, I called Brooks. After all, she did say whenever I need her to call her and I think this is something that I definitely needed her help with.

"Hey what's up boss?" She said answering the phone and I didn't even know what to say so I just flat out said. "I have a date with the guy, you know Duke. Yeah well, guess he's giving us a chance. So I have a date with him today and I have no idea what to wear. I don't want to overdress and I don't want to underdress." I said letting out a breath.

"Woah Woah Woah, first. That is great! Oh my gosh congratz, see it was nothing to worry about. I hope everything works out well on this date and second, switch to facetime with me." She said and I did what she asked,

"Okay, so where are you two going." She asked me staring at me.

I leaned my phone against the dresser mirror.

"That's the problem, I don't know where we're going. He said it's a surprise." I said and her eyes widen.

"Okay, I see what the problem is, okay so here's what you're going to wear and do okay?" She said and I nodded my head.

"Okay."

30 minutes went by and I was dressed and all ready.

I thank Brook and got off the phone with her.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and I admitted that I did look good.

I was excited and nervous at the same time.

This was my first date, this was my first time being in a relationship, this was my first time actually liking someone and this was my first time being with someone like this.

Duke was going to be first for a lot of things for me and I was nervous just because of that.

What if he doesn't go through with it? I mean this is Duke. I've seen countless girls go in and out of his apartment every day of the week before him and I had officially met.

Before Jellybean came into our lives. He actually has been keeping his promise so maybe I'm just being nervous.

I let out a sigh and looked at myself in the mirror.

I definitely didn't want him to take anything back between us, I wanted us to date and become something more.

The bell from my front door ring.

My body came alerted. He was here.

I walked towards the front door, catching myself at the mirror that was hanging on the wall near the front door and opened the door.

Coming face to face with Duke, I saw his eyes widen as he took me in.

His mouth dropped open.

"Wow, wow baby you look good. Oh damn, you smell good too, damn your hair looks great. Oh, God." He said running his fingers through his hair.

He looked back up at me with a smile.

"You look amazing, you smell amazing. Fuck you're amazing." He said and I felt myself getting heated.