CH. 23 Waking up for us

CH. 23 Waking Up for us

(Bernard POV)

Duke had fallen asleep on the floor after telling me his story, so I had carried him to his bedroom. Tucking him in.

I made my way back to Jelly Bean room, who was still up.

She smiled at me and I chuckled.

"We have to get you on a good sleeping schedule young lady," I said to her, picking her up.

I gave her a kiss on the forehead, making my way out her bedroom with her.

I went to the kitchen, putting away things with her in my arm.

Honestly, Jelly Bean is such a good baby.

I watched as she watched me put away things, not even making a fuss at all what so ever.

I finished putting away things in the kitchen, leaving it cleaned and cleared. Duke was asleep and tired, I didn't mind taking care of his home for him.

I went into the fridge, to get some of the food Duke made yesterday.

It's crazy how I found myself getting comfortable around here.

As I put the leftover in the oven, turning it on and making my way to the living room.

I sat on the couch, putting Jelly Bean on my lap.

"You're not tired sweetheart?" I asked her, watching her eyes widen, alerted and not even drowsy at all.

She laid her head on my chest softly, I swear my heart almost burst on how cute that was.

"Okay, will watch some T.V then, Daddy is sleeping so will get away with it," I said turning on the T.V

Looking for something to watch and decided to watch some show called Sunny in Philadephia.

Jelly Bean kept turning her neck around to see what I was watching, so I decided to turn her around so that she was facing the T.V

We sat there watching the show, I ended up getting up to get my food in the oven which I shared with her.

She was eating like she was grown and I chuckled at that.

Putting some rice in her mouth and watching her eat it.

"This is a nice sight,"Duke's voice surprised me. I looked up finding him leaning against the wall and looking at us.

"Hey, you're up? Not tired anymore." I asked him, he walked towards us and sat next to me on the couch.

Leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I'm still tired, but I want to be with you guys too. What are you two watching." He asked and I told him, he chuckled letting me know that it was a good show.

"I see Baby Kami isn't tired." He said. I chuckled saying she wasn't and has been watching T.V with me.

"Bernard. Look at her, she's leaning her head on her hand and watching the T.V" He said. I moved my head to look to see Jelly Bean doing exactly that, I chuckled on how adorable she looked.

Duke took out his phone and snapped a pic of us both. I chuckled at that, he looked like a proud parent showing me the picture of me and Jelly Bean watching T.V

"We should fix her sleeping schedule though," I said to him, Duke, nodded his head.

"I was actually trying, I started rocking her around while she would be on my hip so she could go to sleep, I did that while classical music was played in the background." He said touching Jelly Beans hair.