Hate me║ Memories of you

"Haah, you can't even tell me that, huh"
"Whatever it is you're doing doing. I hope it makes you happy, I hope it was worth it"

How long did I sit in that silence? I couldn't even remember now. But what I can remember, is the tremor my heart yielded for what felt like endless time. The harsh words of a loved one really owned the power to shatter you to pieces in an instant.

Armin was also silent next to me, eyes peering down to the ground. There was not much he could accomplish in a situation like this. We couldn't tell Eren that we where in Germany, watching Floch and Hitch play football with Gabi and Falco. What a story that would be.

My heart wavered with something familiar. We had down this before, right? This wasn't our first obstacle or fight...yet this felt more difficult.

"Eren..." I mumbled into the phone, "I understand that you don't agree with my decision and you have the right to be upset" My hand clutched the phone tightly, feeling them grow warm. "But please remember..." Tears were threatening to spill down my cheeks yet again, however I halted them because it didn't help this case at all.

"All I do is for you. I will break myself apart in all ways to keep you save" I seized a calm breath, staring at the field in front. Hearing the others laugh with so much joy.

"So, please don't question my love for you"

I shut off the call after that. I didn't want us to argue more and make this even harder to understand. It was better that we had some time apart...for the little time I had left here.

"Y/n..." Armin was quick to settle a comforting hand on my shoulder, making sure that I knew he was there. "It's going to be fine. We will fix this misunderstanding later" He spoke up with a light voice, "He's just frustrated with not knowing what's happening with us. I've been kinda secretive too towards him...I will talk to him later, okay?"

"I know it's hard for him to be in that situation, and ontop of that he's worried for Mikasa as well. The exact reason I didn't want him to find out" I mumbled, staring off to the sky and taking a deep breath. "We have been lying to Eren...he has the right to be angry"

"I know, but it's for the best. He'll cool down later" Armin pulled on a sweet smile, "It's in his nature to act out a little. I'm sure you must be used to it by now" He chuckled.

"Oh trust me" I managed a weak smile, reminiscing to all the fights we had in the past. How heated we both could get, but we always made up. "He's not Eren if he's not hot-headed. It's a sign that he's feeling a little better..."

"I'm sure he's just trying to figure it out. Knowing him, he's already feeling bad for yelling. Eren was always like that" Armin shook his head with a heartfelt laughter and I could see that he missed those moments. "I'll talk to him later and ease him, so don't worry about it Y/n"

"Thank you, Armin. For everything" I stood up from the bench, letting the breeze brush my h/c locks. "Let's go play some football"

The day had to move on and we enjoyed it with baking with the kids. We took it upon ourselves to make some brownies, but that didn't end without Gabi spilling flour everywhere: the brownies still came out of the oven and tasted delicious.

"Ahhh! There is flour in my hair too!" The girl whined once we reached the bathroom. I pulled out a chair and sat her down. "Even my clothes!" She screeched.