Hate me║ His past

I knew that voice, from long ago and during all those hard ships I faced. That voice was engraved in my soul, pushing me to do better, to never give up, to always fight.
That voice, I thought I'd never hear again.

I lost my backpack to the floor. Every fiber of my body told me to run to that balcony window and open it up one more time, just see him one more time.

"Y/n!! Are you there?! Open up!" I heard stones flicker on the glass, causing my lips to part. This was surreal—it wasn't supposed to be like this! I was going to move on and...

The way he said my name, so recognizable. Just like before...we lost everything we built together.

I ran to the window with no hesitation, hands fumbling to get that lock open and sprawl the window open. The air hit my face and just then, I saw him standing there, in the waves of winds and underneath the dark clouds that were ready to cry.

"E-Eren?" My face was already pale from bewilderment. I could tell, I could tell by his voice that he had regained his memories—at least some of them. Or else...he would have never showed up. "Why are you here...?" I lowered my gaze away, afraid it look into those eyes again.

They were empty for so long, they had forgotten everything we had promised to each other. I was supposed to walk this path alone, but here we are again. Like a story that refuses to get finished.

"Y/n!" Eren cried out, his whole body trembling. "God, you're still here" He appeared devastated as he stood there, staring up at me with helpless yet passionate eyes. "Y/n, listen to me. We have to talk, but not right now. Throw me something to get up" He stated, now with no hesitation in his tone.

"W-What? No, I'm leaving soon. Eren please..." I felt everything in my soul collapsing. I had been fighting this fate for so long, but I was done now. I told myself I was going to accept this outcome.

"No, just hear me out! Let me up" Eren pleaded again, throwing his arms up, "I'm here now, I remember okay? God, just let me up and we'll talk this through okay? Please, Y/n!" He cried out now, clearly stressed.

I was conflicted and so confused. It didn't matter what we talked about now, the ache was going to hurt even deeper. Why? Why did he have to remember? Why couldn't I just live with these memories on my own.

But then, it started raining and I realized we had done this all before.

"I promise to marry you in the future!" Eren cupped his hands, standing in the rain like that time. "I made that promise, right!? So please, Y/n! Let me up so we can talk!" Eren fell down to his knees, begging and pleading.

Tears were already pouring down my cheeks, because I loved him so much, so so much. He meant the world to me, he was my happiness in this place. But that was all ending soon...

I moved away from the window and ran to my closet, looking for that rope I had hidden from last time. My vision was blurred, but I found it and leaped towards the window again.

Eren's eyes expanded as I threw him the rope. With trembling hands and heart almost beating out of my chest, I said, "Here!"

He awarded me a quick smile before climbing up, struggling a little because of the lack of physical activity these last few weeks. But he managed fine, Eren never stopped.

I took a step back as he climbed down from the window. His hair was already wet and gosh, oh gosh he was standing here.
Eren was...back.