Hate me ║ Deprived affection

// This chapter will be so fluffy and emotional. Be prepared//

// Also, it's Eren's birthday (Japan timeline) so I've worked very hard on this chapter to give him the appreciation he deserves 🥺 protect this precious bean //

"Eren, what the hell are you doing here with this girl again?"

My brain froze like ice. There he was again.

Both Eren and I gawked at the tall figure facing us, still sitting on the floor like idiots. The lady huffed with annoyance, "You know these kids? They are being very rude" She crossed her arms firmly.

"That's my son" His eyes never left mine and Eren's, with the most intense glare seeped onto his face. It made me feel so small and weak. Wasn't a police officer supposed to give off the sense of protection?

"And her!" The old lady pointed at me irritably, "She has absolutely no respect for her elders, make sure she gets her deserved punishment, officer" She claimed bitterly.

In the flash of the moment, Eren's face twisted with the most vicious snare. "Shut up! You have no idea what you're talking about!" He shouted at the old lady who gasped, also grabbing my wrist and pulling me behind him, as if to shield me.

"You ungrateful brats! How dare you speak to me that way?!" The lady fumed with resentment, eyes glazing" I want you out of this shop immediately!"

"That's enough out of you!" Eren's stepfather moved to hoist Eren up and dragging him out of the store. I scrambled up to my feet shakily, sending the old lady a passive glare.

"This behavior is completely unacceptable!" His voice boomed across the place. I hurried to Eren's side, clinging onto his sleeve. "And you...what are you doing with my son? You're a bad influence on him!" The man hollowed madly, making other people stare at us worriedly.

"Leave her out of this! She didn't do anything wrong, it was all my idea" Eren defended before I got to speak up. I saw his stepfather growl and I panicked. This was the absolute worst, I couldn't let Eren take the blame for something I did. I wasn't going home with this man in the end.

"It was my fault, sir...I and Eren came here to replace the lights that I broke" I lowered my head as I kept my hold on Eren's sleeve tighter; telling him to stay still.

"That's enough, I'll drive you back to school" The man shifted around to advance forward.

I and Eren shambled behind at a fast phase. I glimpsed up at Eren who had his gaze kept to the ground. My heart throbbed so badly, Eren was going to get in so much trouble because of me.

I took a slow breath before I pulled my hand out from my own sleeve. I sneaked out my hand and grabbed Eren's without looking at him. His hand was very cold and he wouldn't stop shivering. Yet, I felt his hand twirl around mine and intertwine our fingers.

"It's okay, we'll be okay" Eren whispered.

But that wasn't true.
Not for him.

The last day before the play came along.

We were sent to school by Eren's stepfather, got yelled at by Aria for 20 minutes and had to clean all the gym space for the remaining time of school. Perfect.

But it was better than what I witnessed the next day. Eren was deadly quiet for that day after we got caught by his stepfather, and I never brought up the topic again until...