Hate me║ Strings

Daylight floundered the city once more and I engulfed with this sweet aroma. My body laid comfortably in a pair of warm arms, feelings them wrap around my waist. I could only smile so dazzlingly once sleep left my mind.

I nuzzled into the soft pillow, now feeling his strong arms pull me further back. Eren's chest was facing my back, his hair tickling my neck. It was the safest place on earth I could ever imagine.

"Good morning" I twirled my head around, eyes lightening once seeing his sleepy expression. Eren wasn't close to waking up any time soon. He was so adorable that I shifted around, pecking his nose.

I wish we had all the time in the world

I inspected his bruises, still so fresh and visible. My thumb was brought to his cheek in a smoothing manner, lips frowning at his little winch. He was still so hurt.

I want to take care of you...
I want you to be happy

"Good morning" Those shimmering turquoise eyes fluttered open and I lost myself in them. "Come here" Eren mumbled with a hoarse voice, arms spreading around my back to push me against his chest as I giggled.

We had fallen asleep on the couch, or we didn't exactly plan on going back upstairs. That meant being separated again...and I couldn't imagine being away from him another second of my life. I had to keep him here, so that I could make sure he was alright.

Our future was so uncertain.
I was scared, I was so scared for his well-being.

"I forgot to ask you, how has school been? Has anyone bothered you?" Eren moved his forehead to match mine, a small frown plastered on his face. "Jean, or Floch?" His eyes held a sense of worry, making me smile thinly.

"No, don't worry about that. Nobody's bothering me" I nibbled his right cheek, hearing him hum back, but it was a disapproving tone.

"Alice hasn't been on your case, right?" His lips soon washed into a tiny pout. He was probably finding very hard to stay away from school after everything that happened. "I'm still not finished with her" Eren groaned once more, wrist resting on top of his forehead as he stared into the ceiling.

He appeared distressed.

I sat up on my legs, tucking the blanket around his body. "We can deal with her later, we have other things to focus about right now" As soon as those words left my lips, a memory flashed through my brain.

"We are moving in two months"

Fuck...I have a lot of work to do
I can't let this happen, I can't leave his side no matter what

"Y/n, uhm...you still have that ribbon, right?"

My heart began to throb inside my chest so badly, the color even drained off my face. I wanted to protect Eren from all the pain in this world, let his beautiful mind finally retrieve the peace he so deserved.

How could I tell him that the first gift he bought me—the gift that held so much symbolism to us, was nothing but a pile of ashes?

I couldn't.

"I-I uhm...It got some stains so I washed it" I explained, "Or else I'd never take it off" I knew I was lying through my teeth, but right now, Eren didn't need to know that my parents disapproves of our relationship.