Hate me ║ In it together

Can you guess the amount of explaining I had to do? Historia wasn't easy to please, she demanded answers from me and what she witnessed in that basement.

I have to admit—it couldn't look more wrong.

However, she was one of my closest friends, she promised to keep this all a secret from the others. Me and Eren still had to keep working together despite the small suspicious stares we got from her. But the play had us all up on our feet, we barely saw each other except for the partners we were assigned to.

But the play had to keep going, right?

Another three weeks went by pretty fast. We were working almost everyday to get things ready. Jean and Mikasa spent time practicing their lines—that was fucking hilarious.

The other day, I was just finished with my art project when I decided to check out the stage. Along the way, I encountered Eren and we waltzed in together.

All those who had a part in the play were given a free ticket from clubs when required.

"Rapunzel, let down your hair!" Jean stood idly by the tower, arms lifted above his head as he waited gracefully like a prince.

"Okay" Mikasa spoke with her aloof features and threw down her wig, making it land straight on Jean's face, suffocating the poor guy.

Both me and Eren bawled out in laughter. You won't believe the amount of time those two have failed in working together.

"Mikasa Ackerman! You're not supposed to throw all of it at once—and you forgot your line again!" Aria raged from the other side of the stage, looking livid as she startled Historia next to her.

"Sorry" Mikasa responded, not really caring that Jean was struggling to get out of that hair. I couldn't complain though, the sight was uproarious and one of the very many I witnessed during this period of time.

It was an utter disaster.
But that was the festive part.

We managed to get things together after two months. Not that I did anything special, but assisting the stage was more than enough hard work. I had to lift so many heavy objects, you'd think I'd gotten buff.

But that was just an amusing joke I told myself.

I kinda let Eren carry the weighty stuff. Well, he did insist.

I on the other hand...was more of a nuisance.

"Shit—Eren go pick up a light bulb, I broke another one" I sighed from the ladder. We were compelled to settle streams of lightning along the front stage, so they lit up when the audience entered. But of course...I was breaking them left and right.

"Seriously? Another one?" Eren was on his own ladder a few meters away. He sent me a bitchy expression, nothing I wasn't used to.

We had worked together now for almost two months. Of course more frequently these last few weeks before the play. It had become my natural routine to talk with Eren and annoy the shit out of him. I was finding it hard to believe that in just two days, there wouldn't be more teamwork.

"Yes" I groaned sluggishly, "Now go get another one before I fall off this damn ladder" I threw Eren another sour look which he clicked his tongue to.

"Fine, but the next time you break one, I'm not lifting a finger" Eren started heading down to retrieve another light bulb. "Hey, it looks like we're out—like completely out" He shifted to stare at me full of judgement.

"What? I-I broke all of them?!" I screeched, almost losing my balance on the latter. My thoughts immediately ran to Aria—what was I gonna tell her? What kind of awful and horrendous punishment was I gonna receive?