Hate me║ Time

The spring breeze sprinkled my hair. The grass prickled my skin as I laid here, in this field of infinite flowers and sounds of laughter.

Every time I close my eyes, I can hear their laughing voices from long ago.
A long time ago, that's what it felt like. A long dream that was only meant to end.

I wanted to stay here, just a little bit longer.

"Noo! Connie you're gonna fall!" I would hear Historia scold, more like a worried mother. She would always try to make sure we were safe, and I loved her for that. I could listen to Historia's sweet voice all day long, her kind spirit always cheered me up to do my best.

She was my very first friend here...in this place. She saw that I was new and so very lost, therefore she took me in. She granted me a smile and I was already mesmerized.

"Let him fall on his ass!" Jean began laughing, throwing his head back as he clutched his stomach. "That dumbass has never stopped climbing trees since we were kids" He glanced up at Connie who was indeed climbing a tree.

The picnic blankets were placed underneath this oak tree. So warm, so comfortable.

Jean brought me into a new world where I had never stepped on before. He taught me how to be stronger, but also that the strongest people could falter any moment. Like a glass filled with water, ready to spill.

A smile adorned my face as I watched them bicker on. Sasha pulled out a cookie to try and trick Connie to head down—they were food-soulmates after all.

"Hey, Y/n?"

I was leaning against the tree, knees brought up to my chest with closed eyes. I could fall asleep in this place at any moment, but I had to keep going. Keep this alive.
My head twirled to watch Armin who was sitting next to me, a book on his lap with the most adorable smile on his face.

"Yes?" I peered my eyes open, smiling back as I watched him flip through his book.

"Remember that promise we made? About traveling the world together? The one I told Eren about when we were kids?" His eyes sparkled like glitter, shimmering and making me chuckle. Armin loved to adventure with his friends, his soul was restless like that.

"Yes, I remember" I spoke up softly, before the boy showed me a page of his book excitedly.

"After our semester is over, let's go travel! There are so many places I want us to see together!" He shrilled, flipping through the pictures of mountains and lands, "Let's bring Eren, Mikasa and all our friends! Together!" He grinned widely, staring at me with so much compassion.

My heart wavered inside my chest, feeling my smile begin to fade as the memories popped into my brain.

Just stay in this world a little bit longer

"That sounds fun, Armin" I sent him a kind smile, moving to ruffle his blond hair. "Wherever we go, it doesn't matter as long as we can fun together" I said with a short breath.

The wind embraced us once more, cups and paper towels flying from our picnic blankets. "Ah no! I spilled my soda!!" Sasha exclaimed quite dramatically, causing Levi to groan.

"Can you all shut up for one second? I'm trying to enjoy the sun here" Levi of all people, had laid down on a blanket of himself. He was wearing sunglasses for a change, presumably trying to get a tan as well.