Part 39: Aftermath

A bit of a weird chapter but it should suffice

Due to the unforeseen events that had to transpire, the free for all tournament was ended with no actual winner.

It was a dark day. Although no hero died during the raid, 34 intruders were confirmed to be dead.

Even Overhaul, the one heroes desperately wanted to capture.

Once his death was confirmed, a lot of them fell into despair.

Having no quirk in their system, they lost their title as a hero.

All of them had to ask, who killed him? Who killed their only hope of retrieving their quirks?

Only 6 people saw who had killed Overhaul, and his death wasn't pretty.

Even if all 6 of them decided to keep their mouths shut, it didn't matter one bit.

The surveilance cameras caught wind of everything, so there was no point in hiding the culprit.

And just like that, the incident made the headlines.

How many heroes lost their quirks?

How many students lost theirs?

How many people died?

Who killed Overhaul?

Everything was now on the media.

There was sympathy for the heroes and students, but only for them.

For such an incident, most eyes were lurking on the only thing that seemed to matter.

The boy who killed Overhaul.

" The heroes must be fuming right now, the student killed their only hope lmao."

" They better kick him out of U. A. In fact, put him in prison, he's a cold blooded murdered."

" So this brat really thought he had permission to kill this many people just because they had his mother? "

" Watch all of the camera feeds bro, Overhaul confirmed that she was already dead. "

" So? He already killed 30 of them before Overhaul told him that she was dead. Just because they killed his mother doesn't justify the massacre he caused. "

" I know, but he mustn't have been in his right mind. "

" If he does shit like this, he shouldn't be in U. A, but in prison or a psychiatric ward. "

" Because of that brat my favourite hero can't use his quirk anymore! "

" The heroes told him that Overhaul must be kept alive but he gave zero fucks anyway, he's truly a menace to society. "

" Man i want to punch that fucker. "

" Dude the kid tore through their flesh like butter, do you honestly think you'd stand a chance? "

" Bet i could beat him. "

" If you really are going to try, then it was nice knowing you. "

" Honestly, the kid needs to have a public appearance, otherwise the hate won't stop."

" If no cure is ever going to be found, then the hate won't stop. "

" Overhaul did hit him a few times with those weird bullets, so why could he still use his strength quirk? "

" He just built different. "

" Understandable."

" Izuku is probably the strongest student in U. A. I watched the tournament and he was literally obliterating his seniors like it's nothing and was about to fight the big 3 alone. He's got potential, but i'm pretty sure he ended his own career. "