Part 52: Denied

Heyo boys and gals, I'm back. Having a broken arm and writer's block really is frustrating :-:

Anywho, this is a weird chapter, even for me.

If anyone wants to hamg out with me or others, feel free to join this discord.

https://discord.gg/anUBz2Ev

" Yeah. If he heard my quirk is Herd Mentality, he might have suspected something. "

Hiding a quirk from the person that needs to know the most, that's just cruel.

" Even if he did, it would have flied past his head. He's too worried about Nejire."

Baki knows about Izuku more than anyone, probably even more than Izuku knows about himself.

He wasn't that far away. With his enhanced hearing, he should have heard Kureha say that, but he didn't. His mind is preoccupied by something else.

" Was there a reason to save her? Not to mention, that nonsense? "

Kureha questioned Baki's actions. No one understands what goes on inside his head.

" I just think it's best to start a relationship from the ground up. Also, I'll need her in the future."

" Isn't one enough?"

" It would have been, but I realized Izuku is a bit too soft for a Hanma. "

Killing and butchering countless people is still soft in the Hanma spectrum, that's the way the family functions.

" By the way, how long till she wakes up?"

" She'll wake up in a week."

Apart from his skill in surgery, he has yet another god given ability, to make a rough estimate on when a patient is going to wake up from a coma.

" So a week huh, guess I'll need to get his mind off of it for that long. "

Ending their conversation on a short note, Baki had decided to give someone a call.

" Who you gonna call?"

Although Kureha wants some peace and quiet, he is wildly interested in everything that's going on around him.

" He's been training with me for far too long, he needs someone else. "

------

Izuku already had an understanding that Nejire won't wake up in a while, this was only a trip to see how she's holding up.

He heard the operation was successful with no other problems occurring, but he still had a need to check up on her.

Apart from having pale skin and all those life support equipment basically glued onto her body, she seemed to be doing okay.

Her life-saving actions, and now the speculation of someone manipulating their decisions into believing he was the traitor, he hopes no further problems occur.

He finally realized her feelings weren't fake, not in the slightest.

A relationship where only one person has feelings for another, he's happy that wasn't the case.

Why wouldn't he be happy? This kind of thought had been bothering him for a while. There's no better feeling than knowing she indeed loved him.

Maybe a family is possible.

He didn't stay in the hospital for long. He'll just wait patiently for her to wake up.

The only thing on his mind right now is to get coffee and go train.