Part 61: A Good Talk

" See? I wasn't lying. You won't enjoy it."

Nezu was right. Their game of chess will only be enjoyable on one side.

Out of all the games they played, Izuku never got close to winning.

It could be said Nezu was toying with him. All the openings and mistakes he deliberately made was just a ruse.

And Izuku bought them all.

Anger overcame Izuku as he lost yet another game.

The chess pieces he was holding in his hand were crushed into dust.

" Alright, that's enough."

He already wanted to end this pathetic struggle.

" I can see that, you crushed the chess pieces into smithereens."

Nezu got a kick out of it. Bullying newbies is more or less a habit of his.

Those friends of his that are coming would have experienced the same thing, but the pieces are now gone.

" I did tell you you won't enjoy it. I'm the smartest person alive, complex chess is child's play."

High levels of confidence of his intelligence is one of Nezu's traits.

" Yeah, but not smart enough to know I wasn't the traitor."

" Isn't that your sore loser side talking? Somebody manipulating our decisions is highly plausible. You're the one who even said it."

Izuku had to admit that was true. After all of this, a sore loser side awakened.

More or less, a sentence that formed simply due to impulse of anger.

" Yeah, you're right. "

And as of that, their game of chess ended. One side enjoyed every second of it, while the other was fuming with anger.

" Sorry I'm late."

" Where the hell were you?!"

Baki made his entrance. Carrying Eri on his back, people looked at him with concern.

" And why is Eri unconscious?"

" Something happened, but it's not a big deal, already took care of it."

To Baki, barely anything is a big deal.

" At least you're back."

" Sorry for the wait."

At least Baki apologised, then immediatelly afixing his gaze on the principal.

" Nezu. "

He blurted out his name, just his name. They're not friends, or anything of the matter.

In a way, they're just stangers that met a few times in the past.

" Nice to see you again, Baki."

Baki would reply likewise, but cat got his tongue.

Or more or less, he doesn't want to reply in that manner.

" Well, my friends should be here by now, so I'll be going."

Nezu excused himself. He'd happily play more chess matches, but it seems Nezu isn't welcome here.

" Also, if you're on a break, then I got some good news. One of the third-year students is throwing a party not far from here. "

A party. Izuku's never been to a party before, or was he ever invited to one.