Part 63: Two Different Decisions

So yeah, I'm finally back. I took a break at the worst time possible lol, my bad.

Also, read the message at the end of the chapter.

It was a boring day. A boring day for everyone all around the globe.

There's no reason to describe why. A bland and tasteless day for everyone, with entirely nothing to do except to go by with their life.

The world hoped for something to diminish this feeling. Maybe even spark a light into them.

Beggars can't be choosers, but their prayers had been answered.

A sudden influx of joy had unexpectedly arose out of nowhere.

It is strange. Nobody has any questions, just happy by the fact they got the energy to live for another day.

This is all thanks to a simple incident that changed the world for good.

A new beast had finally reached the pinnacle of strength.

Betrayal is harsh, enough to effect a man mentally for years to come.

But this...

This is leagues above anything he ever expected.

His precious older brother, who always had his back, was the monster behind everything.

No matter how serious it seemed, Izuku couldn't take it seriously.

It's as if his mind couldn't process it at first glance.

But he had to realize betrayal doesn't come from an enemy.

Even if that's the case, what was the reason for everything?

If he's the one behind it, what was his motive?

All those question had no time to linger in his head.

There is a bigger problem at hand.

For everything to work out, and for Izuku to realize the truth, Eri was killed.

" It's a shame, ain't it?"

Holding her head with one hand, Baki spoke as if nothing even happened.

No, just from a glance, Izuku could tell something happened to Baki.

" I almost grew attached to her. If you had taken longer, I might have hesitated."

Baki showed no hesitation, which was frightening.

He welcomed her with open arms. Later, she even became family.

By the looks of it, it was a one-sided reality.

She was never family to Baki.

" Why... "

In the horror of the grotesque sight, Izuku finally spoke up.

" Why did you do it?!"

" Why? Because I've been starving for too long! Way too long. I couldn't wait any longer!"

Starving. It was unclear what he was reffering to. Was it an urge to kill, or to fight?

" I need a challenger, Izuku. You're the one. You have a demon back that becomes stronger the more negative emotions swinder your brain, this had to be done. "

No matter how long Izuku tried to look and understand the situation, killing Eri still doesn't make sense.

" And it looks like it worked. I can practically smell your anger from over here!"