ICE ICE BABY

<Todoroki POV>

Bakugo returned after beating kirishima a little angered . He seemed like he was slightly unhappy about how much he struggled during the match but I'm sure he'll get over his tantrum soon . Kirishima on the other hand seemed relatively content. I suspect he still views bakugo as being leagues above his skill therefore he is proud of himself for lasting that long against him.

My match against momo is up next. It's what decides if I'll be having a re-match against midoriya or not. I suspect my father would have probably be unhappy if I lose a match to anyone... or atleast how his old self. Now that he's dead my stress has gone down quite a bit now. In my fathers dying moments perhaps he would have been fine with my results.

Momo was on the other side of the room. I have known she had been suffering from anxiety since our fight with Aizawa so I decided to walk over to her. I sat down on the chair next to her and slowly moved my hand onto her back.

I rubbed circles on it until she stopped feeling anxious. I had never been an affectionate person before so I might as-well attempt to help someone for once.

"I'm sure you won't struggle momo your a good hero" i reassured her

She looked at me with puppy eyes. I smirked and got up out of my seat. Mina gave us a little stare while smirking. I ignored her and started moving back to my seat. As I sat down shouting could be heard from the speaker.

"SHOTO TODOROKI AND MOMO YAOYOROZU COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO THE BATTLE FIELD IMMEDIATELY" mics uncle yelled

Great... I just sat down on my chair and now I have to get back up . I got out of my seat and opened the door. As I walked through the hallway I thought of momo's weaknesses. Her anxieties is a main factor to her struggling to work in a practical.

Her quirk is strong but needs creativity. She would need to break my ice with a cannon but could she shoot faster than I can create ice. I'm not sure how she could even tackle my fire but all I know it's really not looking good for her.

I walked out to the open part of the arena and the crowd was still crazily screaming and shouting. I cant tell if it's crazier in Japan or if it's crazier in america.

Momo stood across the battle field awkwardly. I'm sure I was the favoured one out of us two. Even in the world wide hero ranking endeavour was still number 2 for most of his time alive.

"ARE YOU READY AMERICAAAA" mic yelled

"YES WE ARE" the crowd replied

"THREE"

"TWOO"

"ONEEE"

"GOOO GOOO GOOOO" he shouted

Instantly momo created cannon from her legs. Although the actual cannon ball was created from her palm. She loaded it in and awaited for me to create some ice.

Instead I let out a burst of flame... as I expected she was unsure how to combat this so she walked back closer to the edge of the battle field . I retracted the flames and let her to the first attack.

She sent a cannon ball directly to me. I made a thick wall of ice which I ended up getting stuck mid way through the ice. This fight was taking too long so I had to spice it up.

I dashed towards her with both my fire and ice activated. She quickly made a sword and shield since she expected me to go and Fight close combat.

I turned the floor to ice making her lose her balance. I sent a wave of fire to her which she attempted to block with her shield. It took most of the blast but burn marks could be found on her legs and at the top of her fore head.

I made some ice weapons of my own. An ice sword and shield to combat hers. I stabbed my sword into her shield. There was now a hole in the shield but also my ice was completely shattered.

Momo struck the ice shield with her sword and the shield snapped immediately. There was an opening for her legs below so I quickly swung my legs over to trip her.

"Ughhh" momo complained

This felt more like a sparing session than an all out fight. There was no point letting it continue so I quickly made a human sized ice square and pushed her out of the battle ground.

(I tried to make this a good fight but momo's quirk is bad for actual fighting or I'm not creative)

(The only way I can think of her winning is if she learned how to make a nuke and exploded both of them)

I ran towards the ice and melted it slowly. Momo didn't get engulfed by the ice. I didn't knock her out she was just of the ground re-thinking life decisions. Once the ice was fully melted I walked over to momo.

"Hey" i said with my arm out

"I just feel so useless" she replies

"Your not useless , you lasted a decent amount with me" (OH GOD THAT SOUNDS FUCKED UP)

"T-thanks .... I think that's a compliment" momo told me

I smirked and she grabbed my hand and got up off the floor. I walked back to the other end of the battle field and started making my way back to the waiting room.

Momo's quirk is very situational. It would be nearly useless in a fight against all for one or Shigaraki unless she nukes them or something like that. But if she was doing rescue work she could use to make medkits for the injured.

She is most likely still embarrassed from her fight with me. Maybe I should ask mother how to help someone dealing with anxiety... she seems like the person to be knowledgeable on that kind of stuff .

I opened the door to the waiting room and mineta was the first person to arrive. He looked directly up to my head with his perverted purple eyes.

"HOW DID IT FEEL TO TOUCH YAOYOROZU'S HAND" mineta yelled

Luckily this time it wasn't too perverted it was more wholesome but I still rolled my eyes and went to sit down next to where momo's seat is.

-END OF CHAPTER