Chapter 50

Those of you alarmed by the spam of notifications I apologize...

But I'm BACK!

And the structure of the following chapters will be a bit different. Let me know if it gets too confusing, I'll be happy to clarify.

----------

A small boy peeked into the living room. He'd just woken up from his nap and wanted a cup of water...  but his papa was talking to someone.

"Are you sure?" the stranger asked.

His papa stayed silent. He made a face the boy had only seen when he did something wrong.

"Yeah..."

"Papa?" the little boy whispered.

The two adults looked over to the little boy. His hair a mess and grey eyes filled with worry and curiosity.

"Yuki, you're awake already?" his papa smiled waving him over.

The little boy circled around the coffee table. Taking the long way to his papa, avoiding the stranger.

"He looks a lot like you." the stranger smiled.

Yuki climbed onto the couch and hid as much as he could behind his papa.

"Really? I think he takes more after her."

"Who is that?" the boy whispered. Or rather attempted.

A chuckle left both.

"My name is Shinomiya Tenji, it's nice to meet you." he introduced himself.

Yuki was gently pushed into view, "He's a friend of mine, Yuki."

"Yeah! You can call me Uncle Shin!"

"Oi."

"What?"

Yuki looked between this 'Uncle Shin' of a person and his papa.

"Yuki." the boy nodded in acknowledgement.

The man smiled rather sadly at the boy. "Yeah, I think he resembles her a lot more."

Yuki was placed on his papa's lap. "He's gonna be staying with us for a while. Let me know if he gets annoying. I'll kick him out on the spot."

"I'm not that bad!"

"You are."

Yuki tiptoed to the guest room. Slowly peeking into the room.

This strange man, as Yuki heard his papa label him, only had a couple boxes when he moved in.

"Are you going to come in or are you gonna keep peeking?"

The boy quickly hid behind the wall. A laugh coming from the man.

"I don't bite, you know."

Tenji waited for a reply. Yuki took a peek again.

Tenji took the time to study his features. Yuki had his fathers hair color, but apart from that he definitely had his mothers characterist--

"Weirdo." Yuki mumbled before running off.

"....eh?"

"Taka-kun~ I don't think Yuki-chan likes me~" Tenji whined, leaning onto the man's shoulder.

"What makes you say that?" Takumi asked, not really caring.

"He called me a weirdo!"

"Cause you are."